My Skyrim Limbo

!каблам

I couldn't think of a better title, this'll do

Warning 

A wall of text, just looking for help, so please if you can't read all of it I'd have to ask to leave

So I have these nostalgic memories of how I had a shit pc, found oblivion in the middle of the night on the internet and was straight sucked into it, I loved every second of it. 

I bought a new GPU, although it was still shitty, and that made me extremely happy since now I could actually run skyrim. Trust me, I was fuckin HYPED, even if I could play on shittiest graphics settings

After that my friend bought me skyrim for my birthday, I couldn't thank him enough

This is how it started: I played the game, kinda enjoyed it, did the main quest, 3-4 side quests and that's it, it felt done

I did realise my mistake - I played the game the wrong way. Now I know it didn't have the best, although a decent, story because it sacrificed it for the amazing side quests.

After a year (present) I started having these vietnam oblivion flashbacks and really wanted to play skyrim the right way, doing side quests and exploring one of the most ambitious worlds, besides fallout 4

This is where it all started

I turn on the game, play like 20-30 minutes of it, do a side quest and after that it feels like I am forcing myself to play it

The next day I want to play it again, and same shit happens, I play a bit and exit because I feel like I'm forcing myself to play it

I really don't know what is happening, anyone else had a similar experience?

I just need some opinions or maybe a possible solution

you described me when summer break started. i feel the same way about most games now, and none of them really pique my interest anymore. minecraft has become a lot more entertaining than most games only because its the only one i can play without lagging too much. being stuck with a 9 year old computer primarily used to feed my teenage needs really sucks the life out of the games i guess.  

it feels like I am forcing myself to play it

I just need some opinions or maybe a possible solution

If you feel like you are forcing yourself to play it, and you aren't having fun, there are two things to do:

1) Take a week long (or longer) break, come back fresh, with a new appreciation for the game

2) Don't play it if you feel that you aren't having fun. Uninstall that shit and find a more productive/enjoyable use for your time. Games are only really useful for having fun (in this scenario, I'm not trying to bitch about gaming, I'm just talking about Pebble's situation), so if you aren't having fun then do something else with your time (I suggest crystal meth)

Hope I helped, as I have had this kind of problem myself before

I feel ya pebble I feel you 100%. I'm currently experiencing the same issue. Although I have many new and fun games I really just want to play borderlands 2, but when I start playing I get bored and I remember that I dislike this part and go back to my other games.

I think the only way to solve this is to resist the urges and wait 2 weeks to a month and come back with a new found appreciation. Ik its hard buts its the only way tbh

If playing a game for more than 30 minutes feels like forcing yourself you clearly don't.

If you don't understand what I am experiencing and/or what is the point of this thread just ignore and don't post

I'm positive you misread something or didn't read my wall of text till the end

People please, if you don't understand the point of this thread or think you can pull a postfarm on me ignore this thread and move on

At the moment I started playing skyrim again and am surprised I am enjoying it, maybe it's because I let it all out in this thread or maybe because I'm tipsy

Anyhow thanks for all your help and stuff

If you enjoy the game, but don't like how you play it then change your play style or how the game works. I didn't exactly like how some of the stuff in skyrim worked so I changed it and found myself enjoying it again. 

Here are a couple things I changed:

Max carry weight to 99999 - Because I'm a loot whore and hate banking. ( Player.setav carryweight 99999 ) 

Player speed set to 400 - Because the base game feels way too slow. ( player.setav speedmult 400 ) 

Magicka set to 10,000 - Because bouncing to your inv and back every time you need more is boring ( player.setav magicka 10000 )

Player HP to 2,000 - If you've already done the main stuff you're basically a God already. Now you can do crazy parkour combined with your speedmult ( Player.setav health 2000 )

Now you can hard save the game and change the way you play. If you're like the stormcloaks join the imperials or vise versa. Change your CB style up to something different and play like a total bad ass that doesn't give a fuck. (because you are)

It's not the you don't like it, it's that you've grown sick of it. Everyone likes cake, you eat too much and ya get sick foo'! So yeah, as others suggested, take a break from it try out new games. Try to possibly mod the game for a different experience?

It's not the you don't like it, it's that you've grown sick of it. Everyone likes cake, you eat too much and ya get sick foo'! So yeah, as others suggested, take a break from it try out new games. Try to possibly mod the game for a different experience?

Actually it's been 3 hours since I made the thread, tried playing again and didn't get bored a single time. I guess letting it all out on a thread helped me

I feel like the demoman in my picture

I was the same way don't worry brudda.

I even went back and bought all the DLC over summer, and have not played a single one yet. I downloaded mods though which helped a lot with wanting to play it more (mostly the mods with a shit ton of spells, but mods are kinda off if you want to fully enjoy the vanilla game) 

My best advice is make fresh characters, each for a different play style (warrior (my personal favorite is sword and shield) mage, stealth guy) and just sticking to that line of quests, and finishing it through even if you don't actually play the full story with that character.

Definitely make a warrior, and join the companions (even better if you get dawnguard dlc for wolf perk tree) 

Definitely make a mage, and do the college of winterhold (apocalypse mod.. ayee)

Definitely make a rogue char, and do thieves guild (just a quick warning; The questline is veerryy grindy in the middle of it) then nightingale, and then dark brotherhood.

My personal favorite out of the 3 above is the nightingale questline and playstyle. Sneak, illusion magic, and one handed make for a lot of fun. Especially with some of the illusion spells from the apocalypse mod. 

If you ever catch yourself getting bored, it's probably because you hit a grindy part of the game. It's inevitable and I know the feel. It's fine taking a break or powering through it for more stuff. Hope this helped some :^)

Mods are you friend bro, if  you can find the little things you dislike about it, you can mod those to better suite your needs.

My best advice is make fresh characters, each for a different play style (warrior (my personal favorite is sword and shield) mage, stealth guy) and just sticking to that line of quests, and finishing it through even if you don't actually play the full story with that character.

The core problem I find with that concept in games like Skyrim is that it's too easy to become omniskilled rather than a specialized character, leading to situations like this:

comic285.png

Archived