What should I know about these forums?

Mysterioso

This is probably going to be my first thread to make in these forums. Might as well make it a good one or something. So what should I know about the forums? I have never really gotten fully invested in these forums since I was afraid it would be like the TF2 SCUD where its not friendly or helpful. Now I rarely post in the TF2 SCUD at all these days and I figured to start posting in these forums instead. 

Question; So what should I know about the forums?

Answer; its not friendly or helpful.

Nah but in all seriousness, don't start flame wars, shitpost too much or meme too hard and you'll be fine.

Most of us are sarcastic bastards most of the time, good luck.

A wise polar bear once said:

"My only rule has always been, don't be a dick."

That's pretty much the only thing you need to know for a friendly forum experience   :D 

If you keep to sections where you expect maturity and intellectual conversation, then you will get it. Feel free to ask any questions or voice your ideas and concerns, but be aware people will tell if they believe it is dumb or obvious. It is an active community, though, which is nice, so any thoughts you may have should be replied to rather quickly. There are many users here who are immature, childish, and easily prone to petty behavior. However, they know which sections they can get away with being that way which is mainly going to be found in status updates and the "Great Below" sub-forum.

I  general these forums are pretty tame and friendly, quite a lot of regulars give up alot of their tims to help others. As long as you'not an asshole you will find it quite enjoyable :)

Welcome to the bp.tf forums

Nah but in all seriousness, don't start flame wars, shitpost too much or meme too hard and you'll be fine.
Most of us are sarcastic bastards most of the time, good luck.
Oh ok then. I know it must have been a dumb question to ask but I was just wondering since I never really did much with these forums but just read them. Glad I got an answer, I was expecting none.

A wise polar bear once said:

"My only rule has always been, don't be a dick."

That's pretty much the only thing you need to know for a friendly forum experience :D
Thanks, I will keep that in mind for my posts. I appreciate the help.

If you keep to sections where you expect maturity and intellectual conversation, then you will get it. Feel free to ask any questions or voice your ideas and concerns, but be aware people will tell if they believe it is dumb or obvious. It is an active community, though, which is nice, so any thoughts you may have should be replied to rather quickly. There are many users here who are immature, childish, and easily prone to petty behavior. However, they know which sections they can get away with being that way which is mainly going to be found in status updates and the "Great Below" sub-forum.
Oh, well I guess that clears up the thoughts I had since I am not used to this type of forum.

I general these forums are pretty tame and friendly, quite a lot of regulars give up alot of their tims to help others. As long as you'not an asshole you will find it quite enjoyable :)
Welcome to the bp.tf forums
Thanks for the input and the welcome. :D

Don't be edgy or you might cut yourself on those edges.
Well I guess that won't be too hard to avoid. If that's all it takes to have a good experience with these forums then I might be able to enjoy myself.

Don't listen to what anyone else says. The amount people like you around here is directly proportional to the amount of memes you post, multiplied by the rate at which you post them.

Be very very nice and wise with word choices. Angel is watching ever- (user has been banned)

Ok I guess.

as long as you're not only here just for the giveaways, we welcome you. rafiozol is the neighborhood asshole by the way, dont mind him

I don't really need anymore items since I got enough already so the giveaways should not be an issue. I will keep that in mind if I ever see him.

Don't listen to what anyone else says. The amount people like you around here is directly proportional to the amount of memes you post, multiplied by the rate at which you post them.

Since I am horrible with math I will just assume that is a lot.

Be kind to others, participate/be constructive in discussions and be aware of what's going on.

I will do my best with being aware, thanks.

This is a terrible scary place. turn back while you still can

The TF2 SCUD is way worse imo. So I don't mind it here.

Use the multiquote button. :P

Yeah, I just found about it. Sorry about that, still trying to figure out what all of these fancy buttons mean. :L

Welcome.

Well if I had to say any rules it would probably be everyone is entitled to their opinion. If its not something u like politely tell or don't engage in the conversations at all.

And if u r bored the great below NVR disappoints

Welcome.

Well if I had to say any rules it would probably be everyone is entitled to their opinion. If its not something u like politely tell or don't engage in the conversations at all.

And if u r bored the great below NVR disappoints

Ok then. Thanks for the greeting and the input. I wasn't expecting to get one reply out of this thread to be honest, so I was glad I got this many.

rafiozol is the neighborhood asshole by the way, dont mind him

aww that's cute.

anyways don't ask stupid questions or post idiotic memes because people will shit at you after and use sarcasm while talking with you/about you (there are at least two examples)

if you are going to be regular, you will be either hated or loved, things don't change here usually unless you do something notable

The forums are a fairly decent place for help regarding trading advice and main site help for things like pricing and suggesting. I'd recommend getting multiple opinions if you ask for any advice. Then there are sub forums like the technology and gadgets one, where AwesomeMcCoolName is like a god, or the artist's lounge for the talented users that make SFM posters, I'm sure you can find at least one that interests you. There are plenty of seasonal/update/community related topics and discussions when the occasions arise. And the status updates for shameless plugs, "quicksells" and general memery. So if you enjoy trading or at least the TF2 atmosphere and follow the rules, you shouldn't have that bad of a time, you might even find it enjoyable and for whatever reason keep coming back for more.

Welcome to the forums.

Honestly, the forms are helpful/nice if you say/agree with what the community says/agrees with. If you don't, literally the whole fourm (10+ replies) will freak out tell you how stupid and moronic you are. Trust me, It doesn't feel good.

Honestly, the forms are helpful/nice if you say/agree with what the community says/agrees with. If you don't, literally the whole fourm (10+ replies) will freak out tell you how stupid and moronic you are. Trust me, It doesn't feel good.

Ha nobody here agrees on anything 

Archived