About the new spells...

Bakgrund

Valve failed last time at removing them after 11th september, does paints disappear after this event if i add the paint to the item now?

Thanks.

Valve failed last time at removing them after 11th september, does paints disappear after this event if i add the paint to the item now?

Thanks.

They didnt fail to remove them, just that people found a way to retain it via a glitch.

Seems like valve most likely will patch the whole thing properly this time. Re-releasing and allowing them a very convenient way to patch everything up because people would complain if they patched it specifically, similar to the clashing miscs being patched.

They didnt fail to remove them, just that people found a way to retain it via a glitch.

Seems like valve most likely will patch the whole thing properly this time. Re-releasing and allowing them a very convenient way to patch everything up because people would complain if they patched it specifically, similar to the clashing miscs being patched.

Hm, okey.  So you think they will keep them in game and not remove them?

By the way, when i use my spell it says it disappears on November 9th 2012, lol.

By the way, when i use my spell it says it disappears on November 9th 2012, lol.

The first ones were set to disappear after nov 9 but people who traded their spells to an alt when then traded back to their account with tf2 open the item would not disappear and can be used on a item. This is because event items are removed when you start tf2 not during so the paint was "retained". This was clearly not supposed to happen.

Again it most likely would be patched properly this time i think re-releasing the paints was a move to create a convenient way to patch up everything after the event is over.

Did u get that in a drop this year? Don't use yet

Did u get that in a drop this year? Don't use yet

I traded it, already used specral spectrum on my bill's hat.

But will valve really be that evil that they remove items they know users have paid much for? But then you could argue forward and backwards, what a mess!

Worth contacting steam support about it?  :unsure:

I also bought another spell, chromatic  corruption. In inventory it says that the item will disappear the 11'th, but when i use it on an item it says it will last until november 9th 2012. What should i do with it?

But will valve really be that evil that they remove items they know users have paid much for? 

They readded the halloween spells (paints) and they're now only worth a fraction of what they were before. (Same idea)

I've contacted steam support, hope they give me a reply with some value.

Will update as soon as they have replied me.

I wouldn't risk any of it.

I traded it, already used specral spectrum on my bill's hat.

But will valve really be that evil that they remove items they know users have paid much for? But then you could argue forward and backwards, what a mess!

Worth contacting steam support about it?  :unsure:

I also bought another spell, chromatic  corruption. In inventory it says that the item will disappear the 11'th, but when i use it on an item it says it will last until november 9th 2012. What should i do with it?

They dont care, if they did care about values which users placed on their items they wouldn't re-release the Halloween effects, g. robo and getting rid of clipping misc (ie killing unusual misc).

Again that paint was retained by a glitch which clearly isnt supposed to happen why would valve allow a glitch in the system for a certain number of user's gain? You can't expect valve to keep a glitch just because players placed an artifical value upon items. I wouldnt hold my breath.

Also many users knew what they were getting into ie that possibility that valve might patch it. 

They dont care, if they did care about values which users placed on their items they wouldn't re-release the Halloween effects, g. robo and getting rid of clipping misc (ie killing unusual misc).

Again that paint was retained by a glitch which clearly isnt supposed to happen why would valve allow a glitch in the system for a certain number of user's gain? You can't expect valve to keep a glitch just because players placed an artifical value upon items. I wouldnt hold my breath.

Also many users knew what they were getting into ie that possibility that valve might patch it. 

I think the hats/itmes it was applied to before will stay that way.  And I think that these might also.  We know the spells can be used after the event.  The worry was the paints lasting.

Archived