Strange Count Transfer Tool

PPP Big Duke Nukem

So yesterday, an update came out with the new Strange Count Transfer tool, crafting 2 strange parts in order to make the part.

The part would then transfer the kills on one weapon onto another weapon, including the parts (if they were the same). The weapon that got transferred would then reset to 0, having you work on them again. Usually that's a good concept, but that's not what i'm talking about.

I've noticed a increase on some of the lower tier strange part pricing, seeing the lowest on the SCM at $1.49 for mainly a 2 ref item. I've checked backpack.tf and the pricing hasnt changed, but i've seen some sites (mainly scrap.tf in their infinite wisdom) adjust to the pricing based on the strange part crafting hype.

Should we be concerned about this?

(Ok i've done a rough draft spreadsheet pertaining to the list of strange parts, bp.tf pricing, scrap.tf pricing, the amount in circulation technically from bp.tf, the crates upon which parts are in, as well as the time of when the last accepted price was for the bp.tf prices. Now i'm trying to figure out how to attach this bloody spreadsheet so bear with me.)

Mainly because sales are hard to trace for hopelessly small markets, so prices are rarely updated?

All we rely on are those new 4 ref buyers for the 2 ref strange parts

I kinda want to add into this without doing an edit on this (and this is actually my first topic post on these forums so i'll try to be as dignified as possible to avoid looking like an idiot...though i can do that clearly on my own).

As far as i know, most of the strange parts are in a way, finite. Even though there is code on them, there are only so many crates left that involve most of these parts. Most strange parts are around the 40's-50's in crate numbers, with a few in the 70's, and very few that are in the active crate series.

There are also actually three known strange parts that are only given via an item drop (and with the way Valve does their system, its pretty damn rare)

This is how i see it.

1. This gives us a way to get rid of most of the strange parts we have lying around that we dont really use/dont deem much value/extras, etc. Right now the strange count transfer tool is selling for about $3.50/each, give or take depending on the supply/demand ratio or whatever.

2. Since this gives us a way to get rid of the parts (i.e #1), those that have been deemed low value are now held to a somewhat higher standard (as i'm seeing a 2 ref part from here sell on scrap.tf for about 9 ref, ranging from a extra ref to about 2-4x the former amount due to hype).

3. Its still early on so its hard to gauge exactly where this is going. More likely to stabilize in maybe a few weeks to a month.

I'm still working on the spreadsheet right now...

Since i couldn't exactly attach the spreadsheet itself, i did a little moving around to where i could get the entire data onto one screen to avoid having to do two screenshots. But basically i have bp.tf's pricing, scrap.tf (that i found), the names (though some are modified due to space restrictions), along with the most recent price change time i found (based on last accepted price change, not most recent price suggestion).

So basically in a nutshell? Most of these parts are possibly overdue for a major price change...especially with this new tool.

Edit: ...Are you kidding me, excel? Hold on..i apparently deleted 10 of the parts from the sheet...gonna have to re-add them..again. Actually nevermind...most of the ones missing were updated 4 days ago so this is probably enough evidence...

post-20024-0-34878600-1450934262_thumb.jpg

-snip-

So basically in a nutshell? Most of these parts are possibly overdue for a major price change...especially with this new tool.

-snip-

we know, as sugarcube said, lack of solid proof prevents the big update in bptf pricing for the strange parts

we know, as sugarcube said, lack of solid proof prevents the big update in bptf pricing for the strange parts

Yep not to mention as far as i know, there's only one strange part that's been up for a price suggestion so at this point, this is all merely speculation. I'm just trying to figure out how much speculation needs to be done (at this point? probably zero and i'm more likely making something out of nothing)

Yep not to mention as far as i know, there's only one strange part that's been up for a price suggestion so at this point, this is all merely speculation. I'm just trying to figure out how much speculation needs to be done (at this point? probably zero and i'm more likely making something out of nothing)

With updates like this, SCM sales are far more frequent than sales for TF2 items. Buyers tend to raise the price up, then the sellers will roll in and stabilize the price. Although strange parts have always had a small market, it'll be interesting to see how they go.

Archived