Cheapest phone for the mobile authenticator

Jams

Low quality phone - any android below $300. Should be enough for Steam Mobile Authenticator.

High quality phone - basically any iPhone above iPhone 5c (recent updates). Steam works perfect on it.

Moto E is a pretty good phone you can get for a fairly low price. Looks like you can get it for as low as $40 depending on where you shop.

Why don't u just go get "Bluestacks", then get "TextNow" on "Bluestacks" for a free phone number.  Thats what I did to get my phone number to use with the desktop app that geel made

Why don't u just go get "Bluestacks", then get "TextNow" on "Bluestacks" for a free phone number.  Thats what I did to get my phone number to use with the desktop app that geel made

Did you make sure to remove that number from your steam account after using it? I believe geel himself said to do so because of how those free apps work.

Did you make sure to remove that number from your steam account after using it? I believe geel himself said to do so because of how those free apps work.

What?

What?

The Textfree phone number can expire after 30 days of not using it. When that happens the phone number is given to another new user. So basically if it falls into the wrong hands the person with the number could possibly contact steam support and gain control of your account. That's why you have to make sure to remove that phone number for your account, I think.

The Textfree phone number can expire after 30 days of not using it. When that happens the phone number is given to another new user. So basically if it falls into the wrong hands the person with the number could possibly contact steam support and gain control of your account. That's why you have to make sure to remove that phone number for your account, I think.

Ok.  I removed the number from my account following these instructions (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8625-WRAH-9030#whyphone)  Does this still mean I can use my geel made app to get trade confirms and skip the 3 day hold?

Ok.  I removed the number from my account following these instructions (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8625-WRAH-9030#whyphone)  Does this still mean I can use my geel made app to get trade confirms and skip the 3 day hold?

Given how these were instructions given by geel and how steam doesn't say anything against it you should be able to. Maybe do a simple weapons trade with some bot to test it out.

Archived