To Festivize or not to Festivize

♥Prof. Sugarcube♥

Alright so we finally got something players have been dreading and dreaming of for years - a Festivizer

I am absolutely jumping for joy of this update - we get FESTIVE skins!

But it appears I've reached an impasse - should I festivize my stuff or not?

So far my argument for is

• FESTIVE SKINS, YOU'VE DREAMED OF THIS DAY

but my argument against is

• Hold up, what if the Festive skin looks terrible? As far as we know they're not able to be restored, the skin is festive forever. What if i don't like the festive look? What if the festive covers up the skin? What if i just want the plain skin without a festive? It'd mean I have to buy an entirely new item to get rid of the festive

What do?
I'm not the first collector to ask the same question either

So far my course of action is to buy festivizers but not apply them

Just picture the skin you have and the festive version of the weapon it is. If you think it will look bad, then dont festive. The only one you'd really be in the dark about is the pistol but I'm sure enough people have festivized it to give you an idea. Just use your own judgment.

• Administrators

Wait a couple days and find inevitable screenshots of other people festivizing their skins so you can see what they look like first?

Idk. Hm.

Personally I can't think of a skin where I prefer the festive variant over the regular, so I'll probably leave my items un-festivized.

For reselling especially you should *never* festivize, since it opens up more potential customers.

If you are doing for personal use, then use the festivizer, if you are doing it for resale, then keep it as a festivizer.

Consumables such as paints, name/desc tags, killstreak kits, etc are always more expensive before applied to a specific item.

Just picture the skin you have and the festive version of the weapon it is. If you think it will look bad, then dont festive. The only one you'd really be in the dark about is the pistol but I'm sure enough people have festivized it to give you an idea. Just use your own judgment.

The only one i'll definitely Festivize is my Sandstone Pistol http://steamcommunity.com/id/SugarySugarcube/inventory/#440_2_4430155282

Since it doesn't appear in stock anywhere else

If you are doing for personal use, then use the festivizer, if you are doing it for resale, then keep it as a festivizer.

Consumables such as paints, name/desc tags, killstreak kits, etc are always more expensive before applied to a specific item.

I'm more concerned about losing my skin's purity than about reselling :/

Wait a couple days and find inevitable screenshots of other people festivizing their skins so you can see what they look like first?

Idk. Hm.

Basically what Teeny said ^^^

give them a few days. theyll make it so you can wipe the lights.

i think

Bloody hope so - then i don't have to choose

I'd be interested to see whether or not they'll end up being removable. The festivized skins aren't specified as "Festive Corsair Scattergun" or whatever, it's just simply an attribute added onto them, it seems. I'd be pretty surprised if they don't end up being removable tbh

Of course the "inspect in-game" button is always an option if you're having doubts about the looks. If it gets to the point of desperate, you could replace the festive texture with the skin you're wishing to see. Just some options :)

Alright so we finally got something players have been dreading and dreaming of for years - a Festivizer

I am absolutely jumping for joy of this update - we get FESTIVE skins!

But it appears I've reached an impasse - should I festivize my stuff or not?

So far my argument for is

• FESTIVE SKINS, YOU'VE DREAMED OF THIS DAY

but my argument against is

• Hold up, what if the Festive skin looks terrible? As far as we know they're not able to be restored, the skin is festive forever. What if i don't like the festive look? What if the festive covers up the skin? What if i just want the plain skin without a festive? It'd mean I have to buy an entirely new item to get rid of the festive

What do?

I'm not the first collector to ask the same question either

So far my course of action is to buy festivizers but not apply them

Quench your thirst for festiveness with the original festive items, fuck em off when christmas is over, rather than possibly ruin your playing skins :)

I just did it to say i finally have a strange festive wrench (i'm honestly easy to please with it and i have two extra festivizers....its easy to choose when you dont have many strange skins)

Archived