Relationship troubles thread

Captain Caboose

ok, stupid funny jokes are good, but stupid cheesy pick up lines... imo no.

In general people who use pickup lines really need the charisma and confidence to back that up it isnt like [insert pick up line] omg lets go out. Most people who "pick up lines work" need to have what it takes to keep the convo going...etcusing the pick up line as just an ice breaker and follow through.

Edit: the above does not apply if youre super gorgeous @-@

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met this girl at the mall, and we liked each other. This was approximately 4-5-ish months ago. We talked and whatnot, and finally one day she told me that she thought I was cute and really liked me. We shared mutual feelings for each other and whatnot (yes, the whatnot is getting redundant but fuck you), and we had our first kisses recently as well. but my gut told me that she was playing with my feelings and shiz so I cut her off. All this was recent, but I still don't know what she thinks of me. what d0

I remember this. Think I gave you advice when this happened in real time too

If they tasted good she most definitely is your soulmate.

The true secret to a long lasting relationship is being able to say yes when she asks if you like her cooking. 

When the last thread was up, I talked about this girl I just met a month into my new school. I did ask her out, she said maybe and we just kinda brushed it off

We're friends. The more we talk, or rather, don't talk, the less I'm attracted to her. And no, I can honestly say I'm not that into her anymore

There are a few other girls. One has a boyfriend she has never met. We're good friends, and have been for about two and a half months, near the beginning of my work

Recently (literally 5 hours ago) I joked about her bf not being able to come home. She didn't talk to me for the rest of the day.

We had plans to play vidja games at her place tonight but I felt my insensitive joke wasn't resolved, so I just walked home (she usually drives me home because I don't have a car)

I really don't mind just being her friend, even her close friend. Some neckbeard is gonna comment I'm friendzoned or a "nice guy" but I'm just not that kind of person

The real issue is this last thing I did just a couple hours ago, the comment I made to her. I really feel it was the first fuck-up in our relationship.

I seriously almost cried, something I have never done before over someone not blood related. I just care about people. When i feel I've put someone down I want to do everything to make it right

I just don't know what to do. Maybe she'll forget about it. I know she doesn't answer texts, so I'm not texting her anymore than what I've already said so far:

"5:42PM

Hey, since I can't talk to you face to face, I just wanted to say what I said was a dick thing to say. I just wanted to apologize to you. What happened is really screwed and I'm sorry you have to go through it. You should be allowed to open up to a friend if you want to without me putting you down. That's not what friends are for. I'm sorry, and I really do care about what happens

10:06PM
I just need to figure out when to be serious and not crack insensitive jokes.

You're a good friend. One of the best I've had in a while. I wish we could both talk about whatever without being made fun of

Fuck why am I even posting this here. Maybe one of yall could help me I guess. if not, it's fine. i can try to fix this. It's my life afterall

shes the only one i really only like. but im not gonna waste my fucking time if shes playing with me. how 2 find out

Ive had a few relationships and one of them was like this. You literally have to be to the point, and politely ask what is going on. I dropped something like "so how do you feel about this entire thing, working out or nah?" sometimes being blatantly obvious and honest is the best way. You know they say the truth is always the best option, its also the hardest

If they tasted good she most definitely is your soulmate.

tfw my girlfriend sucks at making sandwiches and everything else ;-; oh well, something cool about the male doing the cooking anyways imo :D

When the last thread was up, I talked about this girl I just met a month into my new school. I did ask her out, she said maybe and we just kinda brushed it off

We're friends. The more we talk, or rather, don't talk, the less I'm attracted to her. And no, I can honestly say I'm not that into her anymore

There are a few other girls. One has a boyfriend she has never met. We're good friends, and have been for about two and a half months, near the beginning of my work

Recently (literally 5 hours ago) I joked about her bf not being able to come home. She didn't talk to me for the rest of the day.

We had plans to play vidja games at her place tonight but I felt my insensitive joke wasn't resolved, so I just walked home (she usually drives me home because I don't have a car)

I really don't mind just being her friend, even her close friend. Some neckbeard is gonna comment I'm friendzoned or a "nice guy" but I'm just not that kind of person

The real issue is this last thing I did just a couple hours ago, the comment I made to her. I really feel it was the first fuck-up in our relationship.

I seriously almost cried, something I have never done before over someone not blood related. I just care about people. When i feel I've put someone down I want to do everything to make it right

I just don't know what to do. Maybe she'll forget about it. I know she doesn't answer texts, so I'm not texting her anymore than what I've already said so far:

"5:42PM

Hey, since I can't talk to you face to face, I just wanted to say what I said was a dick thing to say. I just wanted to apologize to you. What happened is really screwed and I'm sorry you have to go through it. You should be allowed to open up to a friend if you want to without me putting you down. That's not what friends are for. I'm sorry, and I really do care about what happens

10:06PM
I just need to figure out when to be serious and not crack insensitive jokes.

You're a good friend. One of the best I've had in a while. I wish we could both talk about whatever without being made fun of

Fuck why am I even posting this here. Maybe one of yall could help me I guess. if not, it's fine. i can try to fix this. It's my life afterall

Im in a long distance relationship personally, and what you said has potential to be pretty hurtful, depends how you said it i guess. Next time you see her face to face say sorry to her. It has much more meaning than text messages, take her to the side and explain how you feel and she will understand better. or, alternatively, show her your post here, and explain that you seek help here, nothing is more down to earth than showing her that you genuinely do not know what to do, and that you feel strongly about the issue

yes, ive asked her multiple times and shes always changed to subject, or found some way to avoid it. this "feeling" has been with me for a while now. could just be my lack of self-respect and confidence, but meh. 

its very unlikely that her being distant is at all affected by any third-party factor. 

Then that is something you should bring up with her and tell her straight that you feel that you 2 have been growing distant and you want to know why or if something is up because at this rate you feel like it wont work out and that should break up or something...

Communication is the key because from my perspective you're just an A**hole who was in a good relationship and just killed it because you had a gut feeling :l No offence

I dont get how you can be in a relationship and still assume things like that...You shouldnt be thinking what's likely and unlikely you should be asking for a straight up answer. If it turns out she was a bitch then you can give her the middle finger and walk away, how bad would you feel if she was actually going through some rough times :S

a really good friend or a possible candidate of her fuckbuddy. (the second choice being the 10%.)

"Fuck buddies" practically never happen because if they want it then can get it, from anyone.Men are thirsty If anything if they want you do be a "fuck buddy" I would probably stay clear of them since what tends to happen is that one of you will end up liking the other and if it reciprocated... Shit goes crazy and you end up suffering than the brief physical pleasure :S

Though on this forum filled with boys going through puberty probably no one will take this advice haha xD

Then that is something you should bring up with her and tell her straight that you feel that you 2 have been growing distant and you want to know why or if something is up because at this rate you feel like it wont work out and that should break up or something...

Communication is the key because from my perspective you're just an A**hole who was in a good relationship and just killed it because you had a gut feeling :l No offence

I dont get how you can be in a relationship and still assume things like that...You shouldnt be thinking what's likely and unlikely you should be asking for a straight up answer. If it turns out she was a bitch then you can give her the middle finger and walk away, how bad would you feel if she was actually going through some rough times :S

"Fuck buddies" practically never happen because if they want it then can get it, from anyone.Men are thirsty If anything if they want you do be a "fuck buddy" I would probably stay clear of them since what tends to happen is that one of you will end up liking the other and if it reciprocated... Shit goes crazy and you end up suffering than the brief physical pleasure :S

Though on this forum filled with boys going through puberty probably no one will take this advice haha xD

ill snip this later because im on mobile. thank you. thats the advice im sure i needed. and my "fuckbuddy" statement was only me being facetious. the help is much appreciated :)

EDIT:

HOLD THE FUCK UP, HOW DO I EVEN HIT HER UP AND ASK

ill snip this later because im on mobile. thank you. thats the advice im sure i needed. and my "fuckbuddy" statement was only me being facetious. the help is much appreciated :)

EDIT:

ey girl, i know things been bad lately but you know im there for you. idk some really not cheesy pickup line.

lmf you fucked up bro. you burned your bridges by blocking her and cutting her off instead of trying to talk to her. learn your lesson and move on imo, don't fuck her around any more. i highly doubt that will work.

When I was your age, I'd invite whoever I was into and all their friends out clubbing and then hit on them when we were both drunk... but I'm British.

this + tinder is definitely the student love life metagame rn

• Administrators

Never really did the online/ap dating thing. Tho I did fill out a bunch of questions on okcupid so I could test my match % with my friends for lols. Amusingly, this was before my husband and I got together, and we matched pretty high at the time, heh.

Edit: tho I did match higher with another dude we're both friends with. Perhaps I made the wrong choice. o-o

Edit: tho I did match higher with another dude we're both friends with. Perhaps I made the wrong choice. o-o

whats his name on steam im telling him this ohhh boy is your marriage in fire now 

edit: I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Netflix or Chloroform.

just ask her to Netflix and chill

whats his name on steam im telling him this ohhh boy is your marriage in fire now

edit: I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Netflix or Chloroform.

One of those is illegal im pretty sure.

Never really did the online/ap dating thing. Tho I did fill out a bunch of questions on okcupid so I could test my match % with my friends for lols. Amusingly, this was before my husband and I got together, and we matched pretty high at the time, heh.

i think it's only worth it now because it's so normal to have tinder for a laugh that pretty much everyone is on it. i've matched a lot of friends of friends and stuff through it haha

• Administrators

Yeah it's definitely more of a thing now than when I was dating. When I was a teenager, online dating/social networking was more chat rooms and rating sites and shit. I've met a fuck ton of people from the internet (like 30-40 I think) but only dated a couple of them. Most people I dated before I got married were friends-of-friends, etc.

-snip-

I think you're good (as good as it gets) right now, just have to wait and see at this point :<  don't want to crowd her/pressure her for response

EDIT:

mayhaps the blunt and to the point route.  but depends on how'd she take that, some people don't like that :u  ask her to meet up/sit down and have a chat ?

I think you're good (as good as it gets) right now, just have to wait and see at this point :<  don't want to crowd her/pressure her for response

mayhaps the blunt and to the point route.  but depends on how'd she take that, some people don't like that :u  ask her to meet up/sit down and have a chat ?

ive already tried. at this point, im pretty sure shes done and over with me. what d0 to get her back though. 

Archived