Public Trade Offers

HusKy

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards#announcements/detail/1621587917383592834

"Trade URL" for third-party sites
On the new "Who can send me trade offers?" page, you'll also find a "Trade URL", which is a personalized URL you can share with other users to let them send you trade offers. You can use this URL on third-party sites, in chat rooms, or in group forums like this group's Trading forum. You can also create a new Trade URL at any time, which will make the old link inactive.

Trade offers have been updated and now anyone can send you a trade offer as long as you provide your private trade offer URL.

This could be quiet easily implemented into the current trading websites. No need to add random people to your friends list anymore.

Has anyone tested if you get proper notification for this? The green "envelope thingy" is useless and might go unnoticed for the next hours.

Yep, this is good news. I was going to build an offer system into the classifieds, but let's say something's coming in the next update =)

Yep, this is good news. I was going to build an offer system into the classifieds, but let's say something's coming in the next update =)

1. Yay 555 posts right there.

2. YES. 

Did you guys get any trade from this yet?

I posted my link out there for more than a day, but have not got a single offer yet.

Is this feature too new or glitchy or people just too worry about phishing link.

That was my thought exactly, it looks like a phishing link :lol:

Also, it's still way too new and I bet around 90% or more people don't know about it.

That was my thought exactly, it looks like a phishing link :lol:

Also, it's still way too new and I bet around 90% or more people don't know about it.

Yea, It will be great if Classified and Outpost integrate this new feature.

I posted my link out there for more than a day, but have not got a single offer yet.

Is this feature too new or glitchy or people just too worry about phishing link.

I got a trade offer from this but it wasn't worth it. I was asleep when the offer came in and responded as soon as I awoke. I also accepted a random add and made a trade with another guy. It all depends on whether the player is planning to stay around their computer.

I got a trade offer from this but it wasn't worth it. I was asleep when the offer came in and responded as soon as I awoke. I also accepted a random add and made a trade with another guy. It all depends on whether the player is planning to stay around their computer.

It is the progress that I am most interested in.

The next update could allow to us to auto accept a certain type of offers like a buyout of X number of keys.

Along with integration with outpost and classified to bypass the phishing worrying, trade could be done without both party ever adding or chatting with each other.

It is the progress that I am most interested in.

The next update could allow to us to auto accept a certain type of offers like a buyout of X number of keys.

Along with integration with outpost and classified to bypass the phishing worrying, trade could be done without both party ever adding or chatting with each other.

i wouldn't expect that much. I can't see valve and working with OP to come up with an integrated trade system. And then i seriously doubt valve would add any automatic system. 

Making automated system would make them liable for completed trades.

I can only imagine people asking support for their stuff back, because they incorrectly selected items in the "auto trading panel" :lol:

Also, it needs a proper notification or it's just useless.

i wouldn't expect that much. I can't see valve and working with OP to come up with an integrated trade system. And then i seriously doubt valve would add any automatic system. 

Lol, not that level of integration.

I am thinking about a new button on outpost just like the quick add friend button.

The button will be for trade offers. It will work when the poster activate this feature by adding a working and appropriate link in their account setting, and any phishing link will not work. 

Without the risking of phishing, this new feature will be used a lot more.

I really wish Outpost and classified take advantage of this new feature soon. As of now, I have yet received a single trade offer yet because no one trust the links probably.

Making automated system would make them liable for completed trades.

I can only imagine people asking support for their stuff back, because they incorrectly selected items in the "auto trading panel"  :lol:

Also, it needs a proper notification or it's just useless.

I don't know if Valve actually reverses accidental trades. Never dealt with that problem in my years of trading. Usually both party of trade just be extra careful. Beside, Valve give give us double confirmation for a reason. However, I do wish they give me a number when I add many copy of identical items, counting 30 + key a few time to make sure can getting annoying. Regardless, Valve is no more responsible for automatic system than manual one. It is still our responsibility to double confirm each time.

I doubt this is the reason why the auto trade is not created yet because Steam Market is their auto trade system and Valve is cashing in massively. Eventually, they will expand it to allow every type of items to be trade. When that happen, us trader might be out of business. I seriously hope that Valve will give us trader more support by giving us auto trade to compete with Steam Market. Of course, it will be stupid to support a market that they can't tax. However, this new feature give me hope that Valve might not have abandon us. If they actually do add auto trade system for us, I might actually start worshiping Gabe.

1) I don't know if Valve actually reverses accidental trades. Never dealt with that problem in my years of trading.

2) However, I do wish they give me a number when I add many copy of identical items, counting 30 + key a few time to make sure can getting annoying.

3) Regardless, Valve is no more responsible for automatic system than manual one. It is still our responsibility to double confirm each time.

I doubt this is the reason why the auto trade is not created yet because Steam Market is their auto trade system and Valve is cashing in massively. Eventually, they will expand it to allow every type of items to be trade. When that happen, us trader might be out of business. I seriously hope that Valve will give us trader more support by giving us auto trade to compete with Steam Market. Of course, it will be stupid to support a market that they can't tax. However, this new feature give me hope that Valve might not have abandon us. If they actually do add auto trade system for us, I might actually start worshiping Gabe.

1) They don't. He was saying people would cry to valve and valve support would have to deal with a lot of stupid reports. 

2) Ctrl/Cmd + F is your friend. 

3) They wouldn't be but they would be flooded with tickets. Its the same reason they have a no pp stance--they don't want to deal with the complaints--they don't care if you trade pp, they just want to be able to tell people: "We don't support paypal, go waste there time not ours."

i got more than 10 trade offers in the first day by random guys mostly ppl are after my strangifiers and strange miscs.

still i profit more to sell them in market though so i havent accept any of the offers yet...

i think as time goes by ppl will abandon lowball tactics and this tool is helping me to figure out if someone deserves to be added in my friend lists for future trade negotiations or permanently banned from my trades...

My favorite thing besides their convenience is when someone offers me a random lowball, I just counter with something insanely high so that they squirm. "Oh neat, someone offered me 1 bud on my scorching hat... I'll counter that by offering my scorching hat for their entire TF2 and Steam inventory"

And it has been directly implemented into TF2OP. Let's see how this works out. :)

Just accepted my first trade offer from a non-friend. :)

I have received 1 or 2 trade offers but by the time I noticed, it was already unavailable. It needs proper notifications just like regular chat messages.

I have received 1 or 2 trade offers but by the time I noticed, it was already unavailable. It needs proper notifications just like regular chat messages.

Yeah I want to too. Including playing a sound (that would be nice for friend requests as well).

Edit: Wowow I accepted another one (also declined one). What a day.

Archived