Why did you join Steam?

The Veteran Eagle

I first joined Steam solely to play TF2. Saw a random TF2 gameplay video, thought it was interesting, was glad that it was F2P, so I downloaded Steam and TF2 and now here I am. 

So yeah, why did you join Steam? 

• Administrators

i saw l4d in my husband (then boyfriend)'s steam library and was like "hey i haven't played that stupid game in years" (previously played on console) so i got a steam acct so we could kill zombles together.

I joined to play a game called Counter Strike Source that a few friends introduced to me. Yes that's right, there were other CS games. I've got to have at least 400 hours in it, though Steam doesn't show it. 

Xbox 360 Orange Box collection definitely was it for me. Had played the xbox version since 2007 of january. When the game released in october of 2006.

Got interested when i found there was a pc version and played ever since 2010.

There was a small Minecraft YouTuber I used to watch and he always promoted his links in the description so I clicked the Steam Group link and eventually got myself here.

It's almost funny how the world works, I knew about Counter Strike when CS 1.6 was big but I never found out how to play it.

Seeing my first game being purchased a month after joining (and that was to activate the steam wallet or whatever), I'm genuinely curious as to why did I in fact join and spend a month doing nothing. 

If i didn't buy a copy of cs 1.6 on steam 7 years ago, my admin and moderator powers would've been stripped in the community, since a huge ton of people played the game on a pirated version, including me.

One of my friends stated that you could make money on this weird game known as TF2. As soon as I started playing, I forgot what my friend said... Until now.

TLDR found out about steam due to TF2 and £££

Technically I never joined. A friend set up the account for me because he enjoyed playing tf2. I was previously a console only gamer because I had never owned a PC capable of decent gameplay.

Came downstairs one day and he shoved his spare laptop in my face and said "You have an account and we downloaded this for you to play with us"

To this day I am wishing I could have changed the username he gave me -_-

I joined Steam because I was playing pirated L4D 1 & 2 and GMod videos. The Steam errors and stuff led me there and boom...

I have TF2 with good inventory, legitimately paid GMod (with CS: Source) from 2012 Christmas Sale, and got free L4D2 from 2013 Christmas.

Also because good games. Period.

>be me in middle school

>steam is the shit among my friends

>skip to later date

>hangoutwithgoodfriend.jgp

>good friend badgers me into getting steam, helps me set up acc

>do not regret to this day

So I could play Final Fantasy VII after I bought it on amazon, then continued to use it as a form of communication with some friends on a minecraft server.

Archived