Next Generation...

There

GRAPHICS CARDS!

Don't think I was gonna say console.

So... opinions so far?

I think that AMD is going to dominate value, but NVIDIA is going to dominate performance. But with the huge drop in the 780's price today, I'm not sure.

What do you guys think?

290X is looking good for the price point. 

Ridiculously good. 

Hmm? Any believable rumors about price so far? I know it places somewhere between 780 and Titan in performance, so anything below $550 would be great.

and im sitting here with me intel family card running bf3 at an avg fps of 7

Fuck high end graphics cards....pulling around 40-50fps on a piece of shit gt435m

//totally want a new computer w/ a gtx770 though :3 

Fuck high end graphics cards....pulling around 40-50fps on a piece of shit gt435m

//totally want a new computer w/ a gtx770 though :3 

Why 770? 780 is pretty affordable now.

770 - about $400

780 - about $550

Worth it imo, but I guess it depends.

Considering i can play bf3 at 40-50 fps on a piece of shit gt435m, i can't really see the need. 

Benchmarks:

770: 6300

780: 7900

435: 650

I know benchmarks don't mean a lot, but as a comparison it says quite a bit

even though amd has some nice competetors out right now im gonna stay on nvidia. why? because opengl is shit compared to cuda when it comes to encoding videos.

IF im gonna buy a new card (which i highly doubt since i can run everything without a bottleneck right now) it would be around christmas when the prices go even lower.

then it would be a 760 or 780

even though amd has some nice competetors out right now im gonna stay on nvidia. why? because opengl is shit compared to cuda when it comes to encoding videos.

IF im gonna buy a new card (which i highly doubt since i can run everything without a bottleneck right now) it would be around christmas when the prices go even lower.

then it would be a 760 or 780

Get 780 :) 

Its basically a titan at half the cost. 

Get 780 :)

Its basically a titan at half the cost. 

i know. but its all about how much money i have. if i feel like the pricejump for 780 is too large for the benefits it gives. ill do 760 which is 670 or 680 core and very similar to it.

im never considering 770 since i feel that its a pricy card with barely any improvements over 760 and its close enough in price for a 780

i know. but its all about how much money i have. if i feel like the pricejump for 780 is too large for the benefits it gives. ill do 760 which is 670 or 680 core and very similar to it.

im never considering 770 since i feel that its a pricy card with barely any improvements over 760 and its close enough in price for a 780

sli 760 at the cost of a 780 isnt a bad idea 

sli 760 at the cost of a 780 isnt a bad idea 

No, it definitely is. I believe SLI 760 is actually less CUDA cores than a 780, it has a smaller memory bandwidth (it's not multiplied by 2, both cards need to store they same stuff so their memory busses do about the same thing. You don't get 100% scaling with two cards, so you're not getting some of the performance you paid for, and last SLI is buggy and will not work well on some games. A single GPU will almost always outperform a similarly priced configuration of two cards.

No, it definitely is. I believe SLI 760 is actually less CUDA cores than a 780, it has a smaller memory bandwidth (it's not multiplied by 2, both cards need to store they same stuff so their memory busses do about the same thing. You don't get 100% scaling with two cards, so you're not getting some of the performance you paid for, and last SLI is buggy and will not work well on some games. A single GPU will almost always outperform a similarly priced configuration of two cards.

Sli 760 on benchmarks can outperform a titan and a single 780 

But its better to have one card then sli 2 cards for power and heat 

Sli 760 on benchmarks can outperform a titan and a single 780 

But its better to have one card then sli 2 cards for power and heat 

heat is far from a problem in sweden when we have snow 33% of the year.

but i looked at 760 today when a store in town have a huge sale on them. it costs 200$ each. so i stood around deciding for over 2 hours. but i said no to myself. the future of 760 isnt that great and my 660 will do almost as good until a cheaper 3/4ghz comes out

heat is far from a problem in sweden when we have snow 33% of the year.

but i looked at 760 today when a store in town have a huge sale on them. it costs 200$ each. so i stood around deciding for over 2 hours. but i said no to myself. the future of 760 isnt that great and my 660 will do almost as good until a cheaper 3/4ghz comes out

What do you mean by 3/4 Ghz?

Archived