Republican Debate Of Dec.15

[Unactive Account]

I think the only republican candidate who should be voted for is Rand Paul, if Trump is elected I think the USA will go downhill or he will be impeached.

I think there are too many Republican candidates, and a lot of time was wasted over arguing who would be tougher on ISIS/terrorism instead of fleshing out specifics. Like instead of talking about a future vision for the Middle East, our relations with other countries in the region, plans on assembling a coalition with Arab nations to tackle ISIS, etc they just took turns trying to lay out personal biography or thicker language to suggest "No really I will be the toughest on ISIS". When 7+ people say roughly the same thing, with minor variations, you don't really get a unique impression of people.

Rand Paul and Trump are the main 2 that seem to separate themselves from the others. Rand will never get the vote, but he presents a different view point on a few important issues. Trump is all over the place, has ideas on various sides of the political spectrum.

The conundrum on foreign policy is that people would expect to lean on people with experience or extensive knowledge of foreign affairs (look at Carson's huge slide after foreign policy became the #1 topic, obviously because he's not as knowledgeable or experienced in foreign policy). The problem is that a large portion of the party also hates the establishment. You're left with people having to make the choice of an unpleasant establishment choice (do you really want another Bush in the White House? Topkek) or putting enormous faith in someone who will be entrusted with the military that may not have any notable experience (Trump's finger on the nuclear button = holy cow)

Republican party is almost in shambles, these debates don't seem to help unify people (aside from occasionally boosting a low candidate) and they certainly don't seem to help inform the population of in-depth, legitimate differences in policy or ideas. It's 7+ people against abortion, gun control, tax increases, increased military spending, similar tough stance on ISIS, and everyone believes they are the worst threat to Clinton. if the candidates keep regurgitating the same talking points, it's just a circus of trying to perform the best in the debate instead of striking down to core fundamental differences.

Archived