You can now remove gift tags from items!

ᴰᴶSn@@ke

I haven't seen anyone talk about this on any posts about the new tough break update's features. You can now REMOVE gift tags completely. YEAH THATS FUCKING RIGHT NO MORE DE-VALUING GIFTED ITEMS. I don't know how this isn't huge news.

Everyone who can do it is quietly cashing in, and everyone else is pretending not to be mad about it.

That means jewlander's sexy ass burning noh mercy can be even sexier if he chooses to wipe stabby's tag.

Yes u can wipe the gifters name out , but u will still be able to see the date it got recieved, so no u cannot make your items "clean". still a nice thing tho. i mean nothing worse than a giftet item from læsxdfkjslgjgz<ølg....  ;)

Yes u can wipe the gifters name out , but u will still be able to see the date it got recieved, so no u cannot make your items "clean". still a nice thing tho. i mean nothing worse than a giftet item from læsxdfkjslgjgz<ølg....  ;)

Says who? I just wiped my gifted Dangeresque and now it says: Achievment item, not tradeable.

Completely removed the gift tag and date.

Wrong. My Summer Shades and Giang's Scorching Stahelm don't have the tag

Says who? I just wiped my gifted Dangeresque and now it says: Achievment item, not tradeable.

Completely removed the gift tag and date.

Look for example on outpost in your backpack again. ive tryed wipe a item and i see the date still but no name ofc ;)

In game they are, they will be on outpost still (maybe not be after a bit) but still in backpack.tf history and ingame and in steam inventory they have no tag

Correct! Here's a degreaser I got from a secret saxton, I removed the tag:

ed0754bfb9caa53214065ab7df697481.png

And in my inventory it doesn't show the tag:

748a0ff1c09c6df5c316bdd05d0ef080.png

This means nothing. As it doesn't show up ingame or anywhere other than Outpost inventories, I don't think it'll matter too much or affect any sort of value.

This means nothing. As it doesn't show up ingame or anywhere other than Outpost inventories, I don't think it'll matter too much or affect any sort of value.

It's a bug clearly so ofc it won't affect value. Valve will prob fix it eventually.

nah im sure some guy will trade in his PE KE for a degreaser with date received on it but no gifted tag when it's patched but not for weapons that already did it

• Administrators

I haven't seen anyone talk about this on any posts about the new tough break update's features. You can now REMOVE gift tags completely. YEAH THATS FUCKING RIGHT NO MORE DE-VALUING GIFTED ITEMS. I don't know how this isn't huge news.

I am surprised that they didn't pitch in some kind of tool to remove Gift Wraps. :P

Up until now, gifted tags have been seen as devaluing an item. Now the tag is removable but as it has been mentioned, you can still tell an item is gifted by looking through outpost. Similar to the steps of finding if an item is duped only in the reverse.

There will be controversy as to whether these items remain a lower value because of the new "date received" tag which shows it was originally gifted or if it is to be ignored because only outpost seems to show this info.

May even be a bug in outpost. Only time will tell in the community as to if it effects the value or not. It may even remain the same as always. Outpost users wont want a date received tag so they will sell for less or buyers will want less because of that tag etc. (Again like a dupe since you could never tell in game that an item is duped and couldnt tell on outpost either)

Regardless I shall sit quietly on the sidelines with the Festive Bonk Atomic Punch and wait to see what happens :3

"But it's signed by (Obscure, irrelevant TF2 youtuber, streamer or low level competitive player)!"

"Who?"

No longer a problem, unless you let it be.

Archived