confused af

therapist

So with the new escrow implementation by valve, many people have started to write about their trade hold status in their trades, which can lead to certain misunderstandings.

From what I know, having the steam mobile authenticator causes escrow to be disabled, but people seem to use the terms interchangeably. Now stating whether or not you have a steam mobile authenticator is pretty straightforward, if you have it then there'll be no trade hold and if you don't, items will be held for 3 days.

However, I have seen many trades which state that they have "escrow enabled", which I am really confused by. What I assume is that they do not have the mobile authenticator which will cause the escrow to be enabled and thus our items will be held for 3 days, but I have made trades with people that have "escrow enabled" without the need to have trade holds because what is "enabled" is actually their mobile authenticator. Is my comprehension of English just bad here, or is this statement of "escrow enabled" just really confusing?

Sometimes they don't even have the trade offer link in their trades and I have to add them and I only discover their trade hold status during the trade, which at this point I really don't even bother to retract even though I'm required to wait 3 days.

"escrow enabled"

"Authentication up at maximum!"

"Pull up! Their authentication is still up!"

Authentication = good

Escrow = what happens when authentication isn't up, allowing rebel scum through

No one properly knows words, so they just use them with no regard for actual meanings. "Escrow enabled" is like saying "Failure to understand or use authentication, enabled!"

There's actually a script that detects whether or not a user has the SMA enabled or not. Like on bp.tf it turns those arrow things from green/blue to red. It also works on bazaar.tf and trade.tf, but I have yet to see that.

There's actually a script that detects whether or not a user has the SMA enabled or not. Like on bp.tf it turns those arrow things from green/blue to red. It also works on bazaar.tf and trade.tf, but I have yet to see that.

Where can I get this?!

[EDIT]

Here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2trade/comments/3wmgbe/psa_convenience_script_to_detect_escrow_peasants/

I only got accused of scamming like 3 times until now :3

I don't get it, what does this have to do with escrow and trade holds :u?

I don't get it, what does this have to do with escrow and trade holds :u?

People do the trade with you (being clueless about holds), get no items and think they got scammed.

Archived