What headphones/microphone does everyone use?

kaytradamus

So, what headphones/earpieces/headsets/microphones is everyone using? Im just curious. Personally i use a samson meteor mic, soundmagic e50s with comply tips, and audio technica ath-m30x headphones.

SteelSeries Siberia v3s. Was given $100 or something in SteelSeries credits because it took them 5-6 months to respond when I sent in my broken Siberia v2s, so I just got those.

SteelSeries Siberia v3s. Was given $100 or something in SteelSeries credits because it took them 5-6 months to respond when I sent in my broken Siberia v2s, so I just got those.

cool man, hate it when companies fuck around like that.

I have the Omega Recon 3D Creative Sound Blaster (tactical link)

It's horrible, I would not recommend it at all.  I bought it because I wanted a wireless headset that worked for both mac and PC.  It does do that and it's sound quality is REALLY good (as advertised), but it has endless problems...  They don't do a good job of updating their firmware and every so often the firmware breaks (normally ~twice a week).  When this happens you HAVE to just sit through a half an hour reinstall of the firmware.  Also it is a pretty heavy headset and it isn't comfortable on your ears after 2+ hours.  I am very careful with my headsets, but over time this one's ear piece completely broke off the adjustment system.  I did manage to fix it with 2 ugly screws though.  When the battery is low it makes a SUPER annoying beep that seems to start wayy too earlier as my headset has run for ~2 hours with the beeping without dying.  This beep goes through your mic too, so if you're skyping with someone they will hear it just as loud as you do (which is too loud).  Not sure if this is the headset's fault or not, but a lot of time my friends who I'm skyping with can hear my audio even though my sound is always very low.  Finally you have to hold the power button for around 3 seconds before it turns off, they did this intentionally but I just find it super annoying.  Also it's price is like $250 which is WAYYY too high, but every site that sells it goes "Wow! Super deal! only $180" (this is similar to the steam GTA V summer sale scam and 180 still feels too high for this shitty headset)

Headphones:

Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone

http://amzn.com/B000AJIF4E

Microphone:

Antlion Audio ModMic Attachable Boom Microphone - Noise Cancelling with Mute Switch

http://amzn.com/B00R98JVVU

I would recommend both of them. The headphones sound good, the mic quality is good, and the mic is really convenient since it is detachable.

U0rn2F8.jpg

AflCicG.jpg

These are the Bose QuietComfort 25 Noise Cancelling Headphones. If you know anything about noise cancelling headphones, these are the holy grail. Active noise cancelling offers a phenomenal experience; you really do not realize the amount of background noise that blur the music. It is one of those things that once you try it, you cannot go back. With the QuietComfort 25, it almost completely shuts the outside world out, leaving just you and pure music. Being able to reduce background noise also means you can keep the volume at a low level to enjoy the sound, which goes a long way to protect your hearing. Because of this and and their large earcups, these are one of the most comfortable headphones aviliable. The two downsides to this pair of headphones are the sound quality and price. The sound quality is acceptable, but not mind-blowing. However, due to its noise cancelling feature, it actually sounds better since it offers a purer sound. The price is also steep. If you can afford them, they are definitely a worthy investment. 

Corsair Vengeance 1500. Really satisfied, also paid half of the market price (thanks ebay!).

In my opinion it has a clear audio and microphone (not at professional levels, but still)

Also I have a pair of in ear Sennheiser CX 400 II for my everyday music needings when I'm out. I spend most of my day wearing those 2 xD

@The one, good to see a premium pair of headphones there. I worked in audio for a couple of years and the bose systems were always top notch. They have quite the following too. Id like to get myself a set of sennheiser momentum 2.0, again quite a steep price but the best set of over ears ive ever listened to. And to anyone using default apple ear buds, get a cheap set of in ear headphones! the difference is staggering :)

Archived