Rather Random Crashes. SOS

FishtheFish

Greetings, forumers.

I seem to be having an issue. Ever since Scream Fortress 2015, I've been having issues with crashes on my computer (TF2 only), which have never appeared before. These crashes occur between every 5-45 minutes. Nothing do consistently (ie, I don't know what triggers them).

Couldn't find a solution online, I've tried:

-Verifying Integ. of Game Cache

-Restarting Steam

-Restarting Comp

-Reinstalling TF2

My specs:

Radeon HD 7470

i5-3550 intel

8 GB Dedodated WAM

Samsung EVO HD 740 SSD

some shitty optiplex case

240 W PSU

(shiet comp, i know)

SOS SEND HALP

just from the steam client, not from your browser

I suppose I'll give it a shot next time I go AWOL or AFK for a long while. Thanks!

Try running dx8 instead of dx9. If the crashes stop, your driver needs updating for GFX.

Most likely, if this is the case, its time to upgrade to a new card.

Even if your card offers driver support and is updating its drivers, i find it highly unlikely that they will fix whatever problem is causing the CTD for a single game - neither valve nor nvidia fixed w/e was wrong with the GeForce 9800GT/X

EDIT: A work-around if this is the issue is simply running in DX8. If you like skins and sheens and such, run DX9 but with lower settings. Figure out what it is your card cant handle, shaders, textures, what have you. You can simply choose a lower setting for everything, or work out which it is that crashes you and only have that one be ultra low.

Try running dx8 instead of dx9. If the crashes stop, your driver needs updating for GFX.

Most likely, if this is the case, its time to upgrade to a new card.

Even if your card offers driver support and is updating its drivers, i find it highly unlikely that they will fix whatever problem is causing the CTD for a single game - neither valve nor nvidia fixed w/e was wrong with the GeForce 9800GT/X

I'll try running dx8, thank you.

I'm just sitting here wondering how your computer is even alive with a 240W power supply.

A big part of it is probably the fact that I'm using an SSD

EDIT: And a very shitty power-efficient card, complete with a super small case

Archived