How do you turn off trade hold?

BuyLowSellHigh

You turn it off by having mobile authentication enabled for at least 7 days.  Have a windows phone, blackberry, dumbphone, or you're too poor to afford a 10 dollar android with no contract?  No problem.  Install an app on your pc that let's you do mobile authentication anyway.  Get it from scrap.tf.

ive had my mobile thing done for 7 days but it doesnt work :(

You also need trade confirmations enabled, so that you have to confirm every trade you make through the app.

ive had my mobile thing done for 7 days but it doesnt work :(

You turn it off by having mobile authentication enabled for at least 7 days.  Have a windows phone, blackberry, dumbphone, or you're too poor to afford a 10 dollar android with no contract?  No problem.  Install an app on your pc that let's you do mobile authentication anyway.  Get it from scrap.tf.

but if you trade with a user no mobile you must wait 3 days

but if you trade with a user no mobile you must wait 3 days

So then don't trade with those people.  The system is working as intended.  Do you think that I, as someone who does have mobile confirmation enabled, am going to want to trade with some retard who doesn't have it?  It means that my item(s) will be held for up to 3 days during which the other person may cancel.  I say "hell no" to that.  Not unless they offer me some additional inscentive to make it worthwhile for me.

A legitimate criticism of the system is that valve should make it more clear who has had mobile confirmation enabled for at least 7 days and who has not.  Currently the only way to know is to send a trade offer to see if you get a warning before confirming the offer.  This is something that people should be complaining about.

But how the fuck can we tell if they have it enabled?

You have to just ask, and take their word, I guess.

gudsistemvolvothe top of the screen if

step 1: open a trade offer to the user

step 2: drag one of their items into the trade

That's it.  A warning will appear at the top of the screen if there will be a hold.

I do think valve should just add some kind of indicator to their profile so that identifying these people is quicker.

I do think valve should just add some kind of indicator to their profile so that identifying these people is quicker.

I think a badge would be the best idea. You'd see people setting up the mobile authentication just to get the stupid thing.

I think a badge would be the best idea. You'd see people setting up the mobile authentication just to get the stupid thing.

You need mobile authentication to get the 3rd level Community Badge.

The 3rd level badge is a start, but it doesn't tell you how long someone has had it set up, and they could also have disabled it at any time and they'll still have the badge forever.  So you're still stuck using the trade offer method to verify it.

A dynamic indicator of some sort on their profile would be ideal.

You need mobile authentication to get the 3rd level Community Badge.

You only need to complete 28 tasks out of 29 to earn the 3rd level badge, so you can actually get it without having the mobile authenticator enabled. Valve even made the mobile-related tasks invisible on others' profiles to prevent hackers from tracking down unprotected users.

Archived