Remove Bots As Proof

Vince

so we know that there are many bots out there.

scrap.tf isnt proof, but what about the other bots?

bots were used on the 6.11-6.22 ref suggestion and should not be used as proof at all.

thoughts?

To logical people, the only proof that bots provide is a general price point of resellers. Ie the bot buyers at 6.11 indicate metal isn't clogging up the bots and the price point a scrap up (6.22) is moving. The goal of all bots is to move a mass and have a turnover of a scrap at all times, not about the specific price as it is about what moves the most quantity the fastest and most efficiently while keeping the bot stocked and ready for the next customer.

Not many people sell keys for metal however, and the amount of new 6 ref sellers when I did my market analysis shows many people just want their metal asap when they sell one of their keys to get metal for a trade, are ignorant to scrap.tfs and other large bots buying point, etc. The fact that the entire week kodorin's price suggestion was up and even after it was accepted, I still never had to buy a key for 6.22 or had to give change to 6.22 in a trade, demonstrates a lot about the market to me. 

Why do people not check the forums?

cleverpun already doesn't accept bots as proof since they are there for convenience. Its like eating at McDonald's instead of cooking at home: you know its worse for you, but its faster and always stocked.

Why do people not check the forums?

cleverpun already doesn't accept bots as proof since they are there for convenience. Its like eating at McDonald's instead of cooking at home: you know its worse for you, but its faster and always stocked.

and the same reply when someone brings that up to nearly all "bot proof" threads, since there doesnt seem to be set rules it would be better to make some general guidelines which all mods should follow in regards to acceptable proof.

If clever doesnt accept bots and another mods dont mind, it brings too much variability into what is considered acceptable valid proof. This is similar to shenanigans not placing as much importance on offers and more on sales and some of the other mods dont see much difference (referencing the g fetti brainiac price which rose exponentially from just offers from, around 8 buds to 18 buds...) 

In the interest of consistency, I have brought this up in the moderator forums. When we reach a consensus on the matter we will let everyone know.

In the interest of consistency, I have brought this up in the moderator forums. When we reach a consensus on the matter we will let everyone know.

The main reason I'd want to be a mod is to see what is going on there

Archived