YouTube Rewind 2015

♥Nick♥

So, YouTube Rewind 2015 came out yesterday. Thoughts on it if you have watched it?

Personally, I loved it. I spent the entire day yesterday rewatching it. I wish a few more YouTubers were in it though.

I also thought the song was going to be a big mashup like DJ Earworm did before, oh well.

Link to the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK9bwTlAvgo

This one way definitely in my top 4 Rewinds

I understood the "Do it" segment, the pizzeria FNaF segment and the rewind to past years. Other than that I understood next to nothing and absolutely hated the music.

According to the credits I recognized at least ~12 people a lot of which I didn't actually see in the video.

Keep in mind, there were YouTubers added that live in other countries like Japan and Mexico. You may not recognize them but the people from those countries probably do.

Effects were nice, but it seems like it was missing a large number of Youtubers that we have grown accustomed to seeing just based on past years.

This year's rewind sucked. They keep getting worse and worse every year. Rewind Youtube Style is still the best best rewind. 

How do they "keep getting worse"? They get better every year, including more YouTubers. The production value is off the chain. Just because your favorite YouTube was not called up does not make it awful. BTW, there are YouTubers outside the US and England.

How do they "keep getting worse"? They get better every year, including more YouTubers. The production value is off the chain. Just because your favorite YouTube was not called up does not make it awful. BTW, there are YouTubers outside the US and England.

What I mean by they get worse every year is that they use more "cancer" references. Ones that will appeal to the younger crowd. They keep getting farther and farther from the actual YouTube culture. For God's sake, they didn't even REFERENCE John Cena in this year's. He is overused in EVERYTHING and they didn't even acknowledge the meme, which was made popular in part YouTube.

What I mean by they get worse every year is that they use more "cancer" references. 

For God's sake, they didn't even REFERENCE John Cena in this year's. 

erm ..

erm ..

if theyre referncing fnaf and shia lebouf (i seriously dont know how its pronounced) why not john cena? (probably because he didnt want to, but whatever)

if theyre referncing fnaf and shia lebouf (i seriously dont know how its pronounced) why not john cena? (probably because he didnt want to, but whatever)

They did reference him ..

I liked Markiplier's hair.

I think the weirdest thing is that they referenced really old stuff that wasn't from 2015 (friday, evolution of dance). Feels like they ran out of ideas, no?

I liked Markiplier's hair.

I think the weirdest thing is that they referenced really old stuff that wasn't from 2015 (friday, evolution of dance). Feels like they ran out of ideas, no?

The reason they referenced that is because of Back to the Future and YouTube having been alive for 10 years. YouTube's 10th anniversary. Its not that they ran out of ideas, its that they are rewinding all the way back with popular trends. Now, I doubt they would go through EVERYTHING, because if they did, we would be watching one video for several hours.

Archived