Grats to KoDoRiN getting unbanned.

Hatch Rawer Beryl

See: http://puu.sh/51upx.png

Basically, KoDoRiN got banned for "attempted price manipulation" by Bluedemon, which was complete bull****. Bluedemon should be demoted for doing it. I'm seriously considering talking to Sneeza and/or starting a petition to demote Bluedemon. Someone this thoroughly incompetent should not be trusted with the powers of a mod.

I'm actually a bit disappointed that bluedemon didn't accept my friend request soon enough, because I was going to lecture him. I typed up this whole thing.

Hello Bluedemon, I'd like to try to make this as quick and as polite as I can.

Now, recently, you banned KoDoRiN for "Attempted price manipulation" as you say here: http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/286781

There are a few points I'd like to bring up on why, to be frank, this was a boneheaded decision. 

1. Obelisk made his comment AFTER KoDoRiN made the price suggestion, as you can see here: http://i.imgur.com/4RMEwcu.png?1 - http://i.imgur.com/7rFnOGi.png?1 He was not really suggesting that KoDoRiN "manipulate" prices. In fact, In his comment, he said "k thx bai" at the end, indicating that his comment was meant to be humerous, and not to be taken seriously.

2.. On backpack.tf, manipulating prices is... Pretty much impossible. Each suggestion is always looked over by a mod to make sure that all the links are legitimate. Heck, even if an incorrect suggestion was accepted, someone else could make a suggestion after the fact to change it back. KoDoRiN knows this extremely well, as he has 134 accepted suggestions. Someone like that would not attempt to manipulate prices, as you say, because he knows it would not work. 

3. Now, let's assume that KoDoRiN is guilty of this "crime" that you've made out to be so horrible, given that you perma banned him. If that were the case, it would be backpack.tf's responsibililty to ban him from their site, thereby preventing further attempts at price manipulation. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with outpost, and they (you) have NO authority or cause to ban him for it.

In conclusion, this is a decision that reinforces the "autpost" stereotype that many traders see outpost as. I suggest you unban KoDoRiN at once, and apologize to him while you're at it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blue demon has always been one of the worse mods imo

Arnt all the mods on outpost bad...

With the exception of a few ofc (<3 BSOD!)

I know many people (including me) who wouldn't pay attention to the dates the suggestion and comment were made on. You also shouldn't assume that everyone knows as much about backpack.tf as you, because the majority of people don't. He made a mistake, it was corrected, move on.

Posted · Hidden by jjjon123, October 28, 2013 - re-hiding pressed wrong buton
Hidden by jjjon123, October 28, 2013 - re-hiding pressed wrong buton

KoDoRiN vs Bluedemon

Round 1, FITE.

KoDoRiN uses proof

It does 20 damage

Bluedemon uses derp

KoDoRiN is confused

KoDoRiN is confused

He hurts himself

Bluedemon uses autpost super powah

KoDoRiN is ded.

GG

I know many people (including me) who wouldn't pay attention to the dates the suggestion and comment were made on. You also shouldn't assume that everyone knows as much about backpack.tf as you, because the majority of people don't. He made a mistake, it was corrected, move on.

Perma banning is a huge deal, and some thought should be put into it. "He didn't know much about backpack.tf" and "people make mistakes" are lousy excuses. 

Perma banning is a huge deal, and some thought should be put into it. "He didn't know much about backpack.tf" and "people make mistakes" are lousy excuses. 

Um I've made plenty of small mistakes as a mod, I don't feel I deserve to be demoted because of that. Also, why do you think there are so many bad suggestions? They're from people who haven't had time to spend an hour reading and understanding the rules on how to make a suggestion and how the site works.

Um I've made plenty of small mistakes as a mod, I don't feel I deserve to be demoted because of that

Brad please demote Bucket. He is too troll for me :(

Um I've made plenty of small mistakes as a mod, I don't feel I deserve to be demoted because of that

This was not a small mistake. This was a massive mistake. It showcased how uneducated and inexperienced he is.

This was not a small mistake. This was a massive mistake. It showcased how uneducated and inexperienced he is.

Even if it is a "massive mistake" you don't know how much work these mods go through, it's not easy getting everything right 100% of the time

Posted · Hidden by Woifi The Viking, October 28, 2013 - spam again...
Hidden by Woifi The Viking, October 28, 2013 - spam again...

KoDoRiN vs BLUEDEMON

ROUND 1

Also, why do you think there are so many bad suggestions? They're from people who haven't had time to spend an hour reading and understanding the rules on how to make a suggestion and how the site works.

I'm not talking about users who don't have time to read rules, I'm talking about AN SR ADMIN/OP MOD who PERMA BANNED someone for a complete bull**** reason.

Even if it is a "massive mistake" you don't know how much work these mods go through, it's not easy getting everything right 100% of the time

Let me ask you this: Is it better to let a guilty man walk free, or to put an innocent man behind bars?

If a mod cannot prove beyond reasonable doubt that the user in question is guilty, then the user should not be banned.

Posted · Hidden by Woifi The Viking, October 28, 2013 - Just stop.
Hidden by Woifi The Viking, October 28, 2013 - Just stop.

Let me ask you this: Is it better to let a guilty man walk free, or to put an innocent man behind bars?

Guilty man walk, because what if the guilty man stole food due to the fact he was hungry?

It's just a ban on an internet site that can be lifted anytime and as you see without too much hassle. I don't really see the problem, you are overreacting and your comparison suck.

Archived