The red arrow is killing item values.

Bakgrund

Okey, this is a pattern i've noticed lately, on backpack.tf they have red arrows indicating if the price has gone down lately. Seems harmless? Maybe, but it isn't.

When people see the red arrow, they live under fear that the item will go down soon, as well as buyers just think "oh well i can just wait one day more and pay this much less". When this happens it gets to an vicious circle. To make it easier to understand, here's an example:

• Crate 50 skyrockets up from 3 keys to 6-7 keys.
  • They stop going for 7 keys.
  • A smart user on bp.tf makes a suggestion of 6 keys.
  • Owners start to live under fear that they will go down even more.
  • Buyers won't buy it since they believe they will go down even more.
  • Owners has to sell it for UNDER the suggested price, just because no buyers are willing to pay the backpack.tf price, just because the red arrow.
  • Vicious circle.
  • Ruined value of item.

The most relevant example for now is earbuds tho, i mean, just look at the price history, pretty self-explainatory?

WNsZ3Nk.png

Please please please remove the red arrows.

While i do agree the the arrows are often viewed the wrong way, its horribly inaccurate to blame an item crashing/spiking based on said arrows. Buds are dropping due to a demand for keys for halloween unboxing. 

^ This isn't just affecting the earbuds.

I notice a lot of times, the second an item drops in price, a bunch of traders sell for even less.

Then you have to wait for a cool down, which can take days to sell your item for the suggested price.

The red arrows help in letting users know, a price recently dropped..but maybe shorten the time lengh for the arrow staying.

It does hurt item sales, and sometimes even cause a double drop in price due to fear.

why are not the red arrows immediately affecting keys?

keys should be 2.33 now

#s                

Flood of 6.11 sellers hit the market today.

Well these arrows help people to think. Maybe they wouldn't panic if there was no red arrow and the smart people would still sell for lower to get rid of it. And not so smart people just buy them all up and think they made a good deal and no price will change whatsoever in the end. :o

Archived