SteamRep status for PENDING REPORTS

Toughsox

As I do many of my reports here on Outpost, many times people will see someone on BP.TF and claim 'but their SteamRep Status says 'Normal" and that's where they end their looking (well, thats what they say anyways)  It would be nice if the main site actually had a spot indicating how many pending reports a person has that mirrored the main SR site. 

Just a suggestion.  B)

That would be a nice feature but due to the amount of stupid, troll or insufficient proof reports on SR, it would make innocent traders marked as "Pending" just because some child was angry over a trade. It'd have a similar effect to the CAUTION tag

• Administrators

Even just replacing the grey "normal" with an orange "pending" would be helpful to give users a heads up to dig a bit deeper.

Often I'll see paypal scammers or scammer alts with normal looking profiles and backpacks but with 3 or 4 pending steamrep reports; this would make it much easier to see that a person isn't reputable plus it would make checking rep easier. +1

Maybe if SteamRep cleared up invalid reports at a reasonable pace.

If people already don't know if a caution is safe to trade imagine if they see a pending tag. It might be worth showing if they have a substantial number of reports but with just 1 report it could just as easily be some angry kid, confused newbie etc.

If people already don't know if a caution is safe to trade imagine if they see a pending tag. It might be worth showing if they have a substantial number of reports but with just 1 report it could just as easily be some angry kid, confused newbie etc.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198008223473-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.82406/#post-226484

Look how long it took them to remove it ugh

I had no one give me grief about my caution. No one ever asked, it's not a big deal.

• Administrators

I had no one give me grief about my caution. No one ever asked, it's not a big deal.

That is because you are a big time trader in csgo and in csgo community nobody/hardly anyone cares about that site or even heard of the word "Steamrep"  :P

I think i will help me and other because too many just check bp tf profile willout check steamrep profile.

also with steamrep take a lot time even never to reply report. its usefull because pending is not clean or normal.

also maybe add scammer friends ?

I have never had anyone ask about my steamrep tag in CS:GO either. In TF2 where everyone is scared of getting a ban if they do one thing out of place there are plenty of newer traders who don't trust caution tags.

I asked polar about this a long time ago and he said no, and everyone unanimously agreed.

toughsox says it and it's a great idea. 

lol_groupthink

Fuck all those ideas, best idea is to employ some fucking kids at steamrep who ACTUALLY DO SHIT. Too many reports pending for hundreds of years. Rip.

I asked polar about this a long time ago and he said no, and everyone unanimously agreed.

toughsox says it and it's a great idea. 

lol_groupthink

true idea isn't new but before we cant do it because old steamrep api but with new steam api we can do it !

I have never had anyone ask about my steamrep tag in CS:GO either. In TF2 where everyone is scared of getting a ban if they do one thing out of place there are plenty of newer traders who don't trust caution tags.

That is because you are a big time trader in csgo and in csgo community nobody/hardly anyone cares about that site or even heard of the word "Steamrep"  :P

true cs go trader dont care steamrep

Yea sure add that feature AFTER they fixed the 2 pending reports on me. @lego, that is half true, lounge does its checks from steamrep if they receive reports on users , but they don't rely it entirely on steamrep to pass the judgements

That would be a nice feature but due to the amount of stupid, troll or insufficient proof reports on SR, it would make innocent traders marked as "Pending" just because some child was angry over a trade. It'd have a similar effect to the CAUTION tag

^

I would agree to its integration but, like Sugarcube, I can see how it can be easily abused. 

Archived