What's up With the Collector's Razorback?

aim.exe

As a confused Sniper main and someone who is still new to trading, I do not get the sales of the Collector's Razorback.  BP says they are worth 4 keys (I would have no problem paying 4-6 keys for one), but all the sellers are selling for 8 keys plus (in cash) on SCM and for 10 keys plus (pure) on BP and OP.  Is this due to someone being ignorant and posted their listing of the Razorback before the price change at 12 keys and then the fact that the item hasn't sold and others' have followed the sellers path?  Or is it that there are just so few on the market that the sellers are trying to get the most profit that they possibly can out of them?  Just wondering as I would like to claim one for myself but am not willing to shed out 10+ keys for one.  

Thanks,

- aim

It's a rare item, people try their luck and are selling for more, some successful: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/562cce92ba8d88ce5da94a50

If you don't wanna pay much you can always hope that a cheap one comes up somewhere, be it on bp.tf classifieds, outpost trades or even on the scm.

Always remember that bp.tf prices are not set in stone.^^

Or is it that there are just so few on the market that the sellers are trying to get the most profit that they possibly can out of them?

Bingo. They almost never sell for backpack.tf price.

Backpack.tf doesn't set the market price, backpack.tf follows the market price. When it comes to rare items like Collector's quality items, due to the small market they can often be sold for above bp.tf price which means that the bp.tf price is out of date and likely needs a raise.

Conversely sometime a rare item will sell high because there was a buyer who really wanted it and later sellers have difficulty selling it at that price and end up selling lower which leads to a drop.

I've found that Collector's items appear to keep cycling up and down in price but with a general upward trend.

The guy selling above for 6 moved it onto it's own trade:

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/27546327

Which is in your price range right?

If you want one more than you want the 6 keys ofc.

Personally I'd recommend switching to Jarate and being more of a credit to team, but I know that will likely induce howls of rage from many sniper mains reading this.

So er, I'll get my coat :)

Archived