Your Thoughts On The Economy

Vince

So. This has been in question now for a while. With Halloween and stuffs. I want your opinions.

My thoughts.

Halloween - Christmas 

Buds: Will go down to 16 when the Halloween event hits, but will start to rise as more unusuals are hitting the market and the end of the event. As Christmas comes, there will be another drop due to the winter sales, though they will rebound almost instantly.

Keys: Are going to hit their maximum around 6ish ref.

Ref: Will continue to go down, but will stay higher than $.30

Unusuals: Will go down after the Halloween event, but will rebound when the earbuds stabilize.

Christmas - Easter

Buds: Going to stay stable.

Keys: Slowly start to rise to 7 ref

Ref: Will continue to go down, but will stay higher than $.27

Unusuals: Remain stable. Increased demand for old effects. Valve releases 4th gen effects 

Easter - Summer

Buds: With the increased amount of traders earbuds will go up

Keys: Going to skyrocket to 9 ref

Ref: Will continue to go down, but will stay higher than $.23

Unusuals: Will go up due to the increase in traders.

I know. I mean that they arent going to rise much. They will fluctuate between 6 and 6.33 

Its not fluctuating though. Fluctuating would imply the trend looking along the lines of the business cycle in which key prices decrease and increase overtime, yet in the long term are overall increasing. That isn't the case with keys, however, since they are only increasing, and those that wish to stem the tide by selling for less are bought up almost instantaneously.

I know. I mean that they arent going to rise much. They will fluctuate between 6 and 6.33 

They can go as high 6.66 ref or so with a steam market sale but will likely never fluctuate more than a scrap.

Its not fluctuating though. Fluctuating would imply the trend looking along the lines of the business cycle in which key prices decrease and increase overtime, yet in the long term are overall increasing. That isn't the case with keys, however, since they are only increasing, and those that wish to stem the tide by selling for less are bought up almost instantaneously.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/526b72d44dd7b8ab7e8b4568

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/526c357a4dd7b8b9638b456e

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/526c20e24dd7b80c308b4569

fluctuating 

Immediate future/few months

Buds: Continue to fall, briefly stabilize in mid/late november, then take a large hit as christmas/steam sale/lemming behavior takes over.

Keys: stable or slightly up, never down

Ref: Going to be  pretty stable.

Unusuals: Generally down across the board. Old effects keep their value better while newer effects take large hits.

Anyone who can accurately predict what a bunch of illiterate 10 year olds will do with their parents money beyond the next few months deserves a medal.

Keys up in both $$ and metal

Ref down in $$

Buds up and down

BMOC up and down. 

Tux will sell for a lot then be worthless. 

Unusuals are going to be even more cancerous and annoyin to deal with. Especially with the constant changes in value. 

Old effects will raise even higher in demand, certian 2nd gen effects will raise (only bubbles, all others suck c:), 3rd gen effects will fall highly, with aces joining the lowest tier. Robo effects will stabilize and earn demand again. Scorching will rule da world. Also, steaming willl fall below nuts and become the worst effect ever, because it's shitty and unwanted.

Old effects will raise even higher in demand, certian 2nd gen effects will raise (only bubbles, all others suck c:), 3rd gen effects will fall highly, with aces joining the lowest tier. Robo effects will stabilize and earn demand again. Scorching will rule da world. Also, steaming willl fall below nuts and become the worst effect ever, because it's shitty and unwanted.

^likes his own post 

=3

So. This has been in question now for a while. With Halloween and stuffs. I want your opinions.

My thoughts.

Halloween - Christmas 

Buds: Will go down to 16 when the Halloween event hits, but will start to rise as more unusuals are hitting the market and the end of the event. As Christmas comes, there will be another drop due to the winter sales, though they will rebound almost instantly.

Keys: Are going to hit their maximum around 6ish ref.

Ref: Will continue to go down, but will stay higher than $.30

Unusuals: Will go down after the Halloween event, but will rebound when the earbuds stabilize.

Christmas - Easter

Buds: Going to stay stable.

Keys: Slowly start to rise to 7 ref

Ref: Will continue to go down, but will stay higher than $.27

Unusuals: Remain stable. Increased demand for old effects. Valve releases 4th gen effects 

Easter - Summer

Buds: With the increased amount of traders earbuds will go up

Keys: Going to skyrocket to 9 ref

Ref: Will continue to go down, but will stay higher than $.23

Unusuals: Will go up due to the increase in traders.

The top part fits the pattern we have seen.  The Easter summer part is a bit off.  Valve has already shown that they are governing the strength of ref in a bunch of small ways including the chem sets.  The volume increase of ref in the market is slowing significantly.  They will continue to do more.  There are several things that are interesting.  Idk if older effects will gain so much, probably, I see some of the attraction to them but why spend the money.  Status I imagine.  The robo-effects have not been respected and in the end they may become more valuable as you will not see anymore enter the game.  All unusuals will continue to slowly come down as there has been so many added.  Valve added 50% more effects and a ton more hats to the ranks and I don't know if they will allow the market to settle in the new year.  It would be good for them to focus on gameplay and chem set/strange item releases etc.  Any increase of traders may be countered by older ones withdrawing from the market.

The top part fits the pattern we have seen.  The Easter summer part is a bit off.  Valve has already shown that they are governing the strength of ref in a bunch of small ways including the chem sets.  The volume increase of ref in the market is slowing significantly.  They will continue to do more.  There are several things that are interesting.  Idk if older effects will gain so much, probably, I see some of the attraction to them but why spend the money.  Status I imagine.  The robo-effects have not been respected and in the end they may become more valuable as you will not see anymore enter the game.  All unusuals will continue to slowly come down as there has been so many added.  Valve added 50% more effects and a ton more hats to the ranks and I don't know if they will allow the market to settle in the new year.  It would be good for them to focus on gameplay and chem set/strange item releases etc.  Any increase of traders may be countered by older ones withdrawing from the market.

I suppose about the new traders entering the market, but when summer hits, all of the nubs cash back in hence being more traders

I suppose about the new traders entering the market, but when summer hits, all of the nubs cash back in hence being more traders

This happens when a large event occurs.  In the past year I have noticed the value of Unusuals go up and down in waves.  When an event occurs, that causes pure to flow around, unusuals start getting bought and their prices go up.  In the time between events, sales drop off and prices go down.  Look at the recent changes.  I remember during the robo event every hat suggestion was for increases.  Late summer they were for decreases and now again.  Events don't effect lessor priced items nearly as much as Unusuals because there are few buyers, at that level, as a percentage of players.

http://backpack.tf/latest

Archived