Looking for a smartphone

Jams

Hi, I wanted to get a smartphone soon anyway and now with steam shoving it down my throat I have some extra motivation. I'm looking for a affordable smartphone that can run the steam app and is prepaid. I'd also kinda like a phone and has a decent camera in it so I can take pictures that aren't 4 pixels, but I can go without that.

That's pretty broad.

So it seems you're looking for an unlocked smartphone, at least. Can you give us a rough budget?

By budget I mainly mean that I'm not buying an iPhone. I just need a phone that can run steam and is prepaid.

id suggest an iphone 5c. Otherwise due to the lack of interest in iphones, get a htc wildfire, steam app probably works on it, i sold mine for a crisp £20. Otherwise anything android/ios but make sure that it isnt too old for the steam application^^

If you want a new phone, the Moto E is a good choice, it's less than $100.

As for used phones, I don't know what that market is like, wait for someone more informed to come along.

id suggest an iphone 5c. Otherwise due to the lack of interest in iphones, get a htc wildfire, steam app probably works on it, i sold mine for a crisp £20. Otherwise anything android/ios but make sure that it isnt too old for the steam application^^

the htc wildfire is 5 years old, it may be a bit too old for the steam application...

Personally I can't recommend the Motorola moto G enough. I've had it for over a year now and it runs pretty well. It's not a brilliant or a perfect phone, but well you shouldn't be expecting that at a price of ~150 euro. But the screen is pretty great, it runs smoothly and I personally have never really had an issue with it. The only real downside to it is that the camera is pretty crap. If you want to take a lot of pictures then you should probably be looking for another phone. But really, price/quality wise I haven't seen anything come close. You should be looking for a version which allows for an sd card though, the internal storage is not that large which means that if you get one without an sd card slot you may run out of space rather soon

zenfone 2 can be used on T-Mobile, and it's only like 215$ for the smaller model. good phone. makesure you buy the right one though, if you buy the wrong one you won't be able to use it with T-Mobile

Samsung Galaxy Prime Core, using it, steam is running smoothier than on pc, can also run some games (hearthstone, terraria, emulators), camera's 5 megapixels which isnt that terrible, if you dont make photos alot it's enough

I'd agree with some of the others that have suggested it: you can't go wrong with a Moto G or E. They are great cheap phones which run smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fly Luminor would have been a great device. 1080p 5" IPS, 2 gb RAM, 4 core 1.5 GHZ, 32 gb memory (no memory cards), 13 MP + 5 MP (front) cameras, 2 Amper battery, buncha fancy stuff I never really used all for like 160 bucks.

But I don't think they're selling it anymore so if you see someone selling it, tekken.

Archived