A request for moderators and all backpack.tf users

jun

So I've run into this problem multiple times and every time I see it, it annoys me inside a bit. In short, we see a lot of proofless suggestions and many of us deal with them in such a way where it doesn't help the suggestor understand and only confuses them.

In example, when we see a proofless suggestion, many of us make comments like "10/10 good proof" or sarcastic comments instead of helping them realize their mistake. And when some users do try to help, they use words and terms far too confusing for them to understand.

Another example is mods close a proofless suggestion immediately after it was uploaded before anyone could comment and help them. Surprisingly, I've asked a lot of proofless suggestors and most of them didn't notice the big blue box with the moderators message.

It's things like this that frustrates new users. They are left confused with their ban and get mad saying things like "OMG I'm never using this site again."

Bottom line is this: make comments helpful and constructive. mods should keep some proofless suggestions up for a bit so that comments can start rolling in, and then close it.

Well if you ask me thats kinda harsh, immediate ban. Maybe a warning like forums would be nicer :)

It would be nicer if we have a larger trading community. Seen plenty of people leaving Tf2 trading.

Well if you ask me thats kinda harsh, immediate ban. Maybe a warning like forums would be nicer :)

It would be nicer if we have a larger trading community. Seen plenty of people leaving Tf2 trading.

Mod's don't usually do instant ban, they'll usually do a warning unless they're troll suggestions.

Nearly every suggestion that doesn't have proof i have seen at least a person that posts a link towards the rules. Is that not enough ?

Not really, most of the time, 1st time suggestors have no clue what the rules usually meant.

Not really, most of the time, 1st time suggestors have no clue what the rules usually meant.

Well yes, but its not the fault of the guy who tells or links them to the rules, the problem is that pretty much everyone can suggest, and it shouldn't be a surprise if people don't do it properly.

Well yes, but its not the fault of the guy who tells or links them to the rules, the problem is that pretty much everyone can suggest, and it shouldn't be a surprise if people don't do it properly.

You have a good point there.

If you can't take the time to actually fucking read rules before making a suggestion, then you shouldn't even be on this website. Period. Reading is a skill most people pick up before they are in 2nd grade, so if you can't read you must be younger than 8 years old and have zero place here. The rules are spelled out so clearly and step by step, that any comment from a user regarded as "help" will not be any more effective than just reading the rules in the first place. 

If you can't take the time to actually fucking read rules before making a suggestion, then you shouldn't even be on this website. Period. Reading is a skill most people pick up before they are in 2nd grade, so if you can't read you must be younger than 8 years old and have zero place here. The rules are spelled out so clearly and step by step, that any comment from a user regarded as "help" will not be any more effective than just reading the rules in the first place. 

No need to be rude, jeez, a lot of people who does these suggestions don't know english.

No need to be rude, jeez, a lot of people who does these suggestions don't know english.

Not being rude, I'm being honest. And if they don't know English, then how is someone typing in the comments in English going to help them any more? And also, let's be honest, most of the bad suggestions aren't by foreigners that can't speak English very well. The bad suggestions are from lazy little kids that are so impatient that they can't even take the time to do something the right way. 

Not being rude, I'm being honest. And if they don't know English, then how is someone typing in the comments in English going to help them any more? And also, let's be honest, most of the bad suggestions aren't by foreigners that can't speak English very well. The bad suggestions are from lazy little kids that are so impatient that they can't even take the time to do something the right way. 

You got a good point there, can't argue with that.

Or just want to manipulate their crap item's price

The "rules" button is directly to the right of the "post suggestion" button. they either don't care or don't want to read it because it is over a full page and reading is hard for them.

so uh maybe let's try blaming those who are actually at fault for making these suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe they should read the rules and guides first?

Oh, and the suggestion guides should be linked on the rules or suggestions page.

I sent in a ticket a while ago for the suggestions help page to be updated with links to the new/most recent guides, but I dunno if that got done yet

Archived