What to spend $20 on scm

NotoriousRebel7474

I am going to invest more money into this game god dammet gaben ;-; 

But am curious on what to buy 

should i buy 20 tickets and try to flip that for 10 keys?

Or go for just keys alone which would be 8 keys

Or is there something that I am missing should i go for something else on scm worth while?

Tbh notorious (and I'm sure the community will agree) trading is kinda screwed RN thx to escrow (if you don't know go and search the forums) and that money will for sure be lost in the process. Alls steam has some fantastic sales on so why not buy yourself something nice

But if you insist on adding the money to tf2 then either hold off or buy the keys and hold them. Don't say i didn't warn you because this is probably something you will regret

Go for the keys. You can flip some low-tier unusuals to make profit and build up to something nice. And of course if you want to flip smaller items, you can sell a few for quick metal.

Edit: But keep in mind that Escrow is fully enabled on the 9th of December. This will probably make it hard to find decent trades.

Tbh notorious (and I'm sure the community will agree) trading is kinda screwed RN thx to escrow (if you don't know go and search the forums) and that money will for sure be lost in the process. Alls steam has some fantastic sales on so why not buy yourself something nice

But if you insist on adding the money to tf2 then either hold off or buy the keys and hold them. Don't say i didn't warn you because this is probably something you will regret

who is alls

who is alls

he's right, alls was a real cool guy, until the accident.

anyways, yeah you should probably buy a game or something because who knows what'll happen after escrow takes effect and after all the prices go back to normal. I haven't seen a single item that wasn't out of my price range that is 33% off, the highest I've seen is like 15%

I haven't seen a single item that wasn't out of my price range that is 33% off, the highest I've seen is like 15%

steam was telling the truth, its just the only thing that's 33% off is the 3 cent items (which are 2 cents)

steam was telling the truth, its just the only thing that's 33% off is the 3 cent items (which are 2 cents)

Pretty much 8crap stuff if you ask me.

Although the 5% Steam fee gone did help save me 5 cents here and there, I am cussing how I bought the items literally hours before that SCM 'discount' came out :c

(And then for some reason, the base prices on everything dropped. A TF2 key that costs S$3.45 on market is now S$3.25 without the discount, and S$3.15 with discount. Same for CS:GO key, from S$3.99 to S$3.59 w/o disc.)

The 5% claim is a lie.

E.g. Key @ £1.53, 5% = £0.0765 so price should be £1.4535, so even rounding up in steams favour it should be £1.46. But it's £1.47 which is 3.92% discount :(

I think it's just incompetence.  The weird thing is the 33% upper limit is correct (minimum tax is 1 cent + 1 cent) and if they'd used the same formula for both ends of the range it would be a "100% discount".

Archived