Christianity

cąℓσceđrus ☁☽

"you hypocrites, rightly did isaiah prophesy of you: 'this people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men'"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you sin, you were not ready for baptism as you did not believe in the word of god

Except, the immortal words: "let he without sin cast the first stone"

By which Jesus aluded that nobody is without sin.

sin, as S. John saith, was not in Him. But all we the rest, although baptized and born again in Christ, yet offend in many things: and if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

--- 39 Articles of the Anglican Church

but hey, I'm sure you're more studied on the subjected then countless of people over centuries upon centuries, studying the matter at hand.

Remind me again, what are your credentials?

you are not without sin, you must repent and cast off sin to follow jesus and enter heaven, the way is narrow and few will find it

the catholic church and the breakaway of the anglicans do not follow christ or the bible

they present doctrines that are created by men outside of the bible and try to fit them into their religion, as isaiah said.

the catholic church was not created to get people into heaven or create followers of christ, it was created when the romans saw how submissive and pacifistic true christians were even in the face of certain death and they figured it would be a great tool to eradicate dissent

the anglican church was created because the king of england wanted a divorce but could not without being kicked out of the catholic church

if you read the whole bible you will see what i see in relation to established religions that claim to know jesus yet spit on his commandments

jesus said to be perfect, jesus said to give away your possessions, jesus said turn the other cheek

"christians" will do anything to avoid obeying christ because they dont actually believe in his word

the catholic church and the breakaway of the anglicans do not follow christ or the bible

if I were a betting man, I reckon that the catholic church will disagree with you on that. But hey, I'm sure, that your oppinion in the matter is more significant.

... remind me again, how many years have you studied theology?

of course the catholic church would deny that they do not follow christ and the bible

but if you actually read the bible you will see that they do not

What I find interesting, is that in the other thread you pointed out that Islam were alowed to lie accoding to their doctorine, and when asked what doctorine you followed you refused to tell.

... and, instead of responding to #31, you repeat your point.

So, again, what are your credentials to claim that the interpretation of every christian doctrines out there is incorrect?

in islam lying and deceit are commanded to propagate and protect islam, the opposite is true of the words of jesus christ and the bible

my credentials?

im literally pointing to the words of jesus christ and you want my credentials?

it is obvious you do not value the words of jesus and you are just here to be obstinate

what's that Alex? ... no I'm sorry, that's not an answer to the question.

So, again, what are your credentials?

edit: really, I don't see why you got such hard time answer it.  ... you DO have credentials in theology, right? 15... something... was it?

i have credentials but that is irrelevant to what i have said, if you have something against what i have said then say so, i will not honor your ad hominem attacks

Aside from asking for someones credentials not being an ad hominem attack, I still see you didn't answer the question:

You made various claims about christians and christianity in this thread, most notebly your persisntance on how Jesus's literal words should be considered important to christians, that if they sin they aren't christians ,and that all modern doctorines of christianity do not adhere to what you cliam to be the definition of christianity.

Well ... Who are you to make that call?

What

are

your

credentials?

christianity is based on the teachings of jesus christ but then they turn around and do the opposite of what he actually said for people to do

"you are to be perfect as your heavenly father is perfect" -jesus christ

"we cannot possibly be perfect" -every christian ever

do you really not see it?

jesus gave direct commands and parables, this example is not a parable

how can someone call themselves a follower of christ when they deny his words?

why would jesus command his followers to do something that is impossible?

jesus fucking christ makes the call, not me

how can someone call themselves a follower of christ when they deny his words?

"deny his words"? Who are you to make that call? What are your credentials?

i am not making the call...

it is jesus christ who made the call

if you dont value the commands of jesus christ then why are you here?

go ahead, ask for my credentials again while ignoring the fucking book

if you arent christian or you dont value the commands of jesus christ then why are you here?

(1) yeah, I understand you editted that.

(2) that's a very odd question to ask for someone who claims to have creditials in theology. Like that time when Fox News asked Reza Aslam (a theologist specilized in chrsitianity, who happen to be a muslim) why he wrote a book on the life of Jesus.

i am not making the call...

it is jesus christ who made the call

no - you interprete scripture that way.

So, again, who are you to make that call? What are your credentials?

for i testify unto every man that heares the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, god shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, god shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book

jesus clearly spoke on certain issues, i am pointing to the words of jesus christ

jesus said you must do certain things to enter the kingdom of god, these things are quite clear if youd stop avoiding actually reading them

fox news and some muslim are not sources of the words of jesus christ, the bible is the only source of the words of jesus

jesus said you must do certain things to enter the kingdom of god, these things are quite clear if youd stop avoiding actually reading them

yes. according to his final words, they were "beleive & be batized"

just because you interprete that differntly then others, doesn't make others wrong.

for i testify unto every man that heares the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, god shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, god shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book

... see, it's moments like those ...

the moment you need to tell someone who claims to have credentials in theology, that revaltions isn't gospel & that the book in "the prophecy of this book", does not refer to the bible (seeing as there was no bible at tht point), but the book of revelations.

such rookie mistakes that even someone with basic knowledge on the Bible can point them out.

... it is obvious you don't know what you're talking about. You just want to act controversial, but really, you've got nothing.

I'm out.

if you do not believe the bible is the word of god then wtf are you arguing for

this quote is the words of jesus

just before this quote he says that the immoral, idolaters, murderers and the like, sinners, may not enter heaven

he says only those who have washed themselves of sin shall enter

if you say there is another way, you are adding to the words of jesus, and you are a follower of satan

the blind leading the blind

Archived