What video card to buy for ~€150 ($160)?

∞Ramses

I'm thinking of 

• AMD RADEON R7 370
  • AMD FirePro W4100
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 2gb - STRIX gaming (asus) or gaming (mri)?
  • For €30 extra: GTX 960

Or something else?

I'm a noob when it comes to hardware, so be gentle with the explanation.  :ph34r:

Thanks.

4gb R9 380 or the 4gb GTX 960 if it's a decent bit cheaper. 

Firepros are aimed at professional work, not gaming; and the 370/950 are pretty week cards compared to the not much more expensive 380/960. 

Firepros are aimed at professional work, not gaming; and the 370/950 are pretty week cards compared to the not much more expensive 380/960. 

Is there a big difference between 2gb or 4gb cards?

Is there a big difference between 2gb or 4gb cards?

Well, most new AAA titles won't run happily at ultra with <3gb of VRAM; so even if you don't care about ultra, looking forward 4gb id a much smarter choice (especially since the cost difference really isn't all that much). 

TL;DR 2gb on a card as powerful as a 960/380 is stupid at this point. On something like a 370/950 2gb is fine since those card really aren't powerful enough to run at settings that would require the extra VRAM.

I have a 780, and the 3gb of VRAM is actually holding me back just as much as the performance of the card itself is (except, I can add a second 780 to get higher performance...but I can't get more VRAM unfortunately). 

380x just came out which isn't that much of an improvement from the 380 but has more stable frame times and min frames which is kinda weird.

Archived