Why official tf2 competetive will help the game so much

Happysedits

I was thinking, this is my opinion.

Take it that you are player that has 100 hours in the game.

What do you want? You wanna play with a team that cooperate and try to win, but noone does that, so you kinda go solo. You have same K:D and then someone 1000+ hours joins and completely dominate you. You can think that he has ''strange'' weapons and it gives him more dmg or aussies a lot of lower skilled people think that it just makes more damage, or some weapons that they dont have the 1000+ hour guy has, for example beggars, reserve shooter, dead ringer, so they end up saying its pay to win game, because they dont know how the economy and scrap.tf works.

Take it that you are player that just installed the game.

You go to random server and see everyone have guns that are not stock, looks at shops, all those wepaons costs money, so they end up just thinking its pay to win and left it because people with beggars or reserver shooter are dominating you with those weapons.

In cs:go, when you want to play with a team at same skill group (ranks) you just go to comp and search and it will sort you with same skilled people (smurfs sometimes ruins it but whatever) and you anjoy i because your K:D isnt 1 kill 2000 deaths but same, example 20:20. And you enjoy it, because when ur failing at some game, you are not enjoying it. People dont think its pay 2 win because all weapons are anavabile at the start, thats maybe what tf2 needs too, all weapons anavabile to all new players - or at least in comp

Yeah, personally, i enjoy having K:40 D:3 on pubs, but sometimes i start feel bad for those new players that are just trying to learn the game and i just ruin it for them and i see them ragequiting.

TF2 really needs to have all weapons anvabile from start and sorting in same skilled group, this just isnt working for new players and it makes so much people quiting so early.

True.

Team Fortress 2 should have competitive gameplay and it will definitely help the game more.

I am tired of destroying plebs with my 500$ Rocket Launcher that does a lot of damage making me ace everone, it's so easy.

gg

I don't know, the weapon drop system is kinda ok, IMO. When I first found a weapon drop, which was a Beggar's Bazooka IIRC, I was so happy that I basically used that thing for a while even though I sucked at aiming with that thing and every kill was an achievement for me. I only stopped using it when I found a Direct Hit, which I proceeded to miss with 70% of my shots. Those were the days when I didn't know every single weapon TF2 has to offer, so every weapon drop was very interesting and satisfying for me. 

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is obtaining many different weapons one by one instead of having every single on of them laid out for you gives you a sense of achievement. It's one of the things that make TF2.........., well, TF2. Competitive would be very nice and all, but I prefer it if the weapon system stays as it is. 

In addition, if all weapons are available from the start, then what happens with the weapons that players own now? Will they be removed? Also, what will we use to create scrap metal, and by extension refined metal? 

I don't know, the weapon drop system is kinda ok, IMO. When I first found a weapon drop, which was a Beggar's Bazooka IIRC, I was so happy that I basically used that thing for a while even though I sucked at aiming with that thing and every kill was an achievement for me. I only stopped using it when I found a Direct Hit, which I proceeded to miss with 70% of my shots. Those were the days when I didn't know every single weapon TF2 has to offer, so every weapon drop was very interesting and satisfying for me. 

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is obtaining many different weapons one by one instead of having every single on of them laid out for you gives you a sense of achievement. It's one of the things that make TF2.........., well, TF2. Competitive would be very nice and all, but I prefer it if the weapon system stays as it is. 

well yeah, but for example with pyro, you have to spychck, and best spychecking weapon is degreaser + shotty or flare gun and homewrecker to help engi

m1+w pyro vs spy ehhhhh spy can kill him easily with trickstab if pyro just m1+w

or medic in comp needs to use krits sometimes

or spy spycicle

or spy ambassador

or solly gunboats

or heavy sanwwich

or engi wrangler

or sniper razorback

Well valve support for comp would be great, but if the actual comp teams wouldn't bail out last second on a LAN tournament WHERE THE COMMUNITY PAID FOR THEIR FUCKING TRIP AND ACCOMODATION because they didn't really feel like going.

Both the biggest NA (Froyo) and EU (epsi) look completely unmotivated and make tf2 comp look so bad. How much valve support do we deserve if we're this shit? One of the 4 teams at Dreamhack Winter was announced yesterday (with the med, kos, who was in stream at the moment being rather surprised he was going lol). If the tf2 comp scene doesn't take itself serious, why should valve take it serious?

In addition, if all weapons are available from the start, then what happens with the weapons that players own now? Will they be removed? Also, what will we use to create scrap metal, and by extension refined metal? 

yeah thats a downside ._.

maybe all weapons in comp anavabile and weapon dropping in pubs?

or make all weapons in gray color (like cs:go has) and the rest use as skins

Well valve support for comp would be great, but if the actual comp teams wouldn't bail out last second on a LAN tournament WHERE THE COMMUNITY PAID FOR THEIR FUCKING TRIP AND ACCOMODATION because they didn't really feel like going.

Both the biggest NA (Froyo) and EU (epsi) look completely unmotivated and make tf2 comp look so bad. How much valve support do we deserve if we're this shit? One of the 4 teams at Dreamhack Winter was announced yesterday (with the med, kos, who was in stream at the moment being rather surprised he was going lol). If the tf2 comp scene doesn't take itself serious, why should valve take it serious?

those 2 teams arent the only teams in the world

well yeah, but for example with pyro, you have to spychck, and best spychecking weapon is degreaser + shotty or flare gun and homewrecker to help engi

m1+w pyro vs spy ehhhhh spy can kill him easily with trickstab if pyro just m1+w

or medic in comp needs to use krits sometimes

or spy spycicle

or spy ambassador

or solly gunboats

or heavy sanwwich

or engi wrangler

or sniper razorback

Realistically, if we're talking about competitive matchmaking, the chances for a W+M1 Pyro with no other weapons besides stock and a trickstabbing Spy encountering each other is very, very low (besides smurfs, of course).

Anyway, another benefit of the current weapon system is that it encourages players to practice in pub games before jumping straight into competitive. They would have time to understand the game at their own pace and farm for their weapons before playing seriously with other players. Of course, ranked games might have a better environment to teach and educate new players than pubs, but it's just something to think about. 

those 2 teams arent the only teams in the world

That's true, they were this seasons top teams though. And reason didn't enter one of the biggest tournaments of this year because they couldn't be bothered to read the rules... If the top teams in the world don't give a fuck that sheds a really, really bad light on the comp scene in general. And then there's the whole gravelpit story

That's true, they were this seasons top teams though. And reason didn't enter one of the biggest tournaments of this year because they couldn't be bothered to read the rules... If the top teams in the world don't give a fuck that sheds a really, really bad light on the comp scene in general. And then there's the whole gravelpit story

and there is no valve support? 

PkkHPLC.png

I honestly only care for a few things. 1) Them somehow getting rid of lmaobox. 2) Have good ranks and give legitimate penalties for leaving games (unlike tf2c). Other things I don't care for much but I would like the ability to vote on certain maps (So I never have to play shitty 5cp maps again), add in an upgradeable medal that tracks stats and have a GOOD banlist. Machina, beggar's, loch n load, short circuit and some others are all completely fucked weapons. Rebalance them or just have them banned outright. Also have 3 different medals, one for 4's, one for 6's and one for highlander (fuck2v2).

Say like have an extra 15% damage taken from all things when using the machina, reduce loch n load damage on buildings to 10%, Make the beggar's less fucking stupid in general and make the short circuit only be able to fizzle out like 2 or 3 projectiles, not fuck knows how many. Or add like a decreased metal amount gained when you have it equipped. Just let the community get involved on the banlists as that should be top priority. 

Lastly, have something similar to smite. Where each team can ban say 3 weapons each from play before the game (smite has it where you can ban 3 Gods each before the game). This idea has opportunity to change the meta and make other people not rely on one weapon. 

not going to happen.

no profit in making comp matchmaking.

unless you need to buy a pass token for that update.

even then they would need to update their matchmaking servers to reflect the changes in comp leagues weapon whitelists and maps.

not going to happen.

no profit in making comp matchmaking.

unless you need to buy a pass token for that update.

even then they would need to update their matchmaking servers to reflect the changes in comp leagues weapon whitelists and maps.

It's kinda already happening, just really slow. In the long run, they can make profit with sponsors and such. Also, the last part is the beauty of the supposed matchmaking. They have the ability to change weapons aka change the meta. They now create the meta and whitelists and introduce maps. 

i can't see valve restricting weapons allowed on their own servers. ever.

even in "competitive" modes.

they spend a lot of time trying (and not succeeding) to make all weapons balanced, so the idea that they would go ahead and remove crutches like the reserve shooter and iron bomber from being equippable is difficult to believe.

and there is no valve support? 

PkkHPLC.png

Adding VERY LIMITED NUMBER of badges into a game isn't support. Competitive tf2 has been surviving on its own fanbase for a long ass time and Valve doesn't give a shit. They has never offered official tournaments, or paid for prize pool, or advertisting anything about competitive tf2 for that matters. I bet you half of tf2 players never know competitive tf2 is actually a thing that exists.

I disagree with the "bigger and pay2win stuff againist new players". Simply because everyone here started like that, me too, lots of matches with both the most dumbest and the more skilled than me guys. The game was and is fair, also the archievements stucture I believe is made so you have a learning curve, and unlock new stuff to try out and learn when you get a fine level in the stock stuff. Not forgetting the drops, so you get lots of random weapons in addition, for your "sperimentation phase" needings.

However a support ingame for matchmaking competitive games would be super cool, and super easy. Maybe unlockable with a set number of archievements, for keeping out new players and novices.

I haven't played any competitive tf2 match, but it's so fun firefight matches in Insurgency, which is quite the same, and you get into tactics and much voice chat just for that feel and inflence the mode gives. If if would like that, there also wouldn't be too many problems with a more official and public matchmaking.

They has never offered official tournaments, or paid for prize pool, or advertisting anything about competitive tf2 for that matters.

they advertise competition seasons starting all the time dude.

This was really disappointing. Especially now that most of them are given Overwatch beta access. Can't blame them though, the price money is not that much and most of them have jobs / responsibilities to attend to. 

Archived