What are the big trading communitites going on right now?

b-day on 28th

every time i go on TF2 TRADE, there is basically no one, in PPM, there are few ppl, on Mann co. trading aka pink taco's trade server, there are literally no one there, so i wonder what is the big trading community that everyone goes to right now, if you know any please tell me

People don't use trading servers these days. Just use Outpost and regularly bump the trades and you'll get more offers than if you were on a trade server

You have outpost, backpack.tf, free automated trading bots, scrap.tf...etc

There is no reason at all to go on a trading server to spamming your trades for hours on the off chance that one of the 32 players online will want to buy your items.

It turns out people don't want to spend hours on a high tier trade server full of predatory assholes only to get nowhere.  It used to be that these servers were the only way to get trading done, so people were forced to use them.  Now we have the community market.  Even outpost appears to have suffered (I remember when it was way more active), and buds are in the shitter.  You know traditional trading is dead when buds have been destroyed.  Buds were the defacto high tier currency since the beginning.  Now almost all the high tier items are marketable.  So what's the point of buds anymore?  Traders always complain that the market is dying.  Look in the mirror, idiots.  Traders are what killed it.  When valve introduced the community market, it meant you could do everything with a few clicks and never have to deal with another asshole again if you choose not to.  Almost everything coming out now is marketable.  The people who are really willing to spend money on the game just go straight there now.  They no longer need to make outpost trades and sit on servers.  That's only for profit mongers and collectors now, so it's just a circlejerk of profit whores and clueless morons with no real "wealth".  As much as I don't like the idea of valve dipping into your pocket every time you make a player to player transaction, the old way is dead.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.  Let it die.

If you are a high tier trader and you don't understand why trading is so much harder these days, then you are the reason.  You.

They no longer need to make outpost trades and sit on servers.  That's only for profit mongers and collectors now, so it's just a circlejerk of profit whores and clueless morons with no real "wealth".

I wonder what category I fall into.

every time i go on TF2 TRADE, there is basically no one, in PPM, there are few ppl, on Mann co. trading aka pink taco's trade server, there are literally no one there, so i wonder what is the big trading community that everyone goes to right now, if you know any please tell me

The only time I ever see fit to go onto a trade server is if I'm on the unusual servers to see if I can get more advertising out there to sell my unusuals faster. Other than that, I would never use a regular trade server to buy/sell items. I literally just use backpack.tf and the automatic script to sell shit 24/7 without doing any real work. 

• 3 weeks later...

Usually I don't use trade servers anymore, Since those are full of: Mic spammers, overconfident skrubs, F2P's who have no idea why they're even there, Rich players who are there to show off or talk on mic and to NOT trade. And of course all dem traders, Oh and you also got the eventual Asshole/7 year old.

Now, I use backpack.tf, Outpost, Scrap.tf, some automated bots, And just other helpful trading sites.

Cause believe me, You'll get more offers if you are active in a lot of trading sites, Than spending hours spamming your trade binds/copy+pastes, Just to realize everyone is selling their items and the only ones buying are the infamous "quickbuyers".

Anyways, all that to the side, Some servers that are good for trading nowadays are: Skial (clustered server <<) MultiTrading, NeonHeights, Darkly, DISC FF Trade servers, PF2 Trade Server.

Unusual Trade servers: Vatican City, FirePowered, and WantedGOV or whatever.

Archived