Warning Suggestion

OverduePixels

• Administrators

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is doing well.

Before I began, I am not that type of person who will call out or start screaming about something. So, I will keep the name of the moderator anonymous(will not name him).

I have recently joined the backpack.tf site and before you know it my first post was warned by a moderator. I don't see the reason why and for what reason he warned me about.

Anyways, my suggestion is that when moderators warn others at least let them to post a reason to why they warned a user here.

Now coming back to the story, He warned me at my very first post, then I went to add him to find out what mistake I made and what was the reason behind the warning, he started ignoring. Even in his profile, he added to add him if we have any questions or complains about backpack.tf. I have been trying to add him since yesterday and still no response. He has been online numerous times.

This was my post by the way in a recent key price suggestion:

"Here is what I think, just my opinion.

Generally people are forced to buy it as high prices.

I noticed that key prices is going up by 1 scrap instead of 2 or more, and I will come to later why it is rising by 1 scrap only.

The current price of key is 6.00-6.11 as you all know already, if you don't go learn about the prices now, mate! Now, to start off, suppose I am the first buyer and buy a key for 6.00 ref now I wish to resell it, of course I will try to make profit even by a scrap. So, I will try to sell it for 6.11 . Now another seller sees that I am selling at that price and they also try to sell it off at that price. Now new buyers see many sellers are selling for 6.11 and they are left with no choice but to buy it off at that price. Now, if those buyers wish to sell it off again, they will of course try to sell it for 6.22 and this process goes on.

Coming to the main point and conclusion if key prices should go up anymore it should stay within 6.00-6.22 since ref prices is as low as $0.3–$0.31 or any lower than what it is now at the moment. 

In basic economics, if the main resource price is at an extremely low, resources that are costly would not go up anymore and stay where they are now until the main resource price start to rise up again in some way or another

You would you have received my vote only if your price range was suggested 6.00-6.22 If prices stay within a rec, buyers and sellers can easily make profit. Just having proof does not mean its everything. You have to look what you suggest as well.

Good luck though. :)"

Few user here agreed with me and I don't see the mistake that I have made. If any other moderators is out there please let me know.

I will say it again. My suggestion is that if moderator are not going to tell the user why he/she warned the user, when the warned user try to contact, at least add a function to let the moderators add to why they are warning that specific user just before the warning.

Thank you in advance.

The current price of key is 6.00-6.11 as you all know already, if you don't go learn about the prices now, mate! Now, to start off, suppose I am the first buyer and buy a key for 6.00 ref now I wish to resell it, of course I will try to make profit even by a scrap. So, I will try to sell it for 6.11 . Now another seller sees that I am selling at that price and they also try to sell it off at that price. Now new buyers see many sellers are selling for 6.11 and they are left with no choice but to buy it off at that price. Now, if those buyers wish to sell it off again, they will of course try to sell it for 6.22 and this process goes on.

Coming to the main point and conclusion if key prices should go up anymore it should stay within 6.00-6.22 since ref prices is as low as $0.3–$0.31 or any lower than what it is now at the moment. 

In basic economics, if the main resource price is at an extremely low, resources that are costly would not go up anymore and stay where they are now until the main resource price start to rise up again in some way or another

You would you have received my vote only if your price range was suggested 6.00-6.22 If prices stay within a rec, buyers and sellers can easily make profit. Just having proof does not mean its everything. You have to look what you suggest as well.

The comments in the suggestions is to talk about the proof presented if there are flaws or simply not enough proof for a change in price as well as counter proofing if you believe the suggested price is incorrect. It isnt a place to start a discussion about why you think it's price is X because of your opinions about the economy that is for the forums.

I believe this would be the reason why you were warned. Being warned is more prominent on currency suggestions and is more strict as any comment can spark a debate/flame war which isnt relevant to the suggestion. Again the comment section of suggestions is for the discussion of the proof suggested or counter proofing, if you want to voice your opinions or theories please go to the forum.

Anyways, my suggestion is that when moderators warn others at least let them to post a reason to why they warned a user here.

no sorry. The warnings are to make the suggestions less clogged up. by doing this the suggestions will only get MORE clogged up

no sorry. The warnings are to make the suggestions less clogged up. by doing this the suggestions will only get MORE clogged up

*less clogged up by useless comments/discussions

Doesnt clever give verbal warnings as well tho? xD

*less clogged up by useless comments/discussions

Doesnt clever give verbal warnings as well tho? xD

that's only occasionally, when (s)he thinks that a real warning is not in place, but this shouldn't be posted on the suggestion, or when (s)he is just WAY too tired of warning 100+ stupid posts a day

• Administrators

I don't think you have gotten my point. The warning will not be posted in the specific suggestion it will privately post the the warned user. In that way, users will know at that moment for what reason they were warned about instead of doing all those work (Going to a moderator steam profile, trying to add him/her, waiting for the add and what not)

And of course it will get clogged up if the reason behind the warning is posted in the suggestion.

Also, I was warned by a moderator who is not willing to add me and tell me the reason behind it. I do not see why he is avoiding because of that I was forced to post it here and make a suggestion about this, you see.

Thanks for your answer. :)

• Administrators

The comments in the suggestions is to talk about the proof presented if there are flaws or simply not enough proof for a change in price as well as counter proofing if you believe the suggested price is incorrect. It isnt a place to start a discussion about why you think it's price is X because of your opinions about the economy that is for the forums.

I believe this would be the reason why you were warned. Being warned is more prominent on currency suggestions and is more strict as any comment can spark a debate/flame war which isnt relevant to the suggestion. Again the comment section of suggestions is for the discussion of the proof suggested or counter proofing, if you want to voice your opinions or theories please go to the forum.

Ah, I see. Thank you for your detailed answer. 

Also, where do I complain if a moderator is not willing to cooperate? I don't see any forums on this. 

I don't think you have gotten my point. The warning will not be posted in the specific suggestion it will privately post the the warned user. In that way, users will know at that moment for what reason they were warned about instead of doing all those work (Going to a moderator steam profile, trying to add him/her, waiting for the add and what not)

Also, I was warned by a moderator who is not willing to add me and tell me the reason behind it. I do not see why he is avoiding. Since I was forced to post it here, you see.

Thanks for your answer. :)

Okay. I must guess you were warned by cleverpun, as 98% of the warnings are given out by cleverpun. I think that if you add cleverpun warned you and you add her on steam, and she is conveniently online atm, she will inform you of the reason, but most likely you just violated the rules. Cleverpun hands out ~100 warnings a day, and if she haves to give an explanation every single time it will only get more time consuming

• Administrators

Okay. I must guess you were warned by cleverpun, as 98% of the warnings are given out by cleverpun. I think that if you add cleverpun warned you and you add her on steam, and she is conveniently online atm, she will inform you of the reason, but most likely you just violated the rules. Cleverpun hands out ~100 warnings a day, and if she haves to give an explanation every single time it will only get more time consuming

Ah, her. Sorry, I have been thinking cleverpun is a boy. Anyways, I tried to add her and still no response. And yes, I can see that she is online almost all the time. Also, to add what rules did I violate? Like I said. She is not willing to cooperate. I have been trying to add her since yesterday. Yes, a moderator will be busy, I myself is an admin in Tf2 server and I have to take the time out of my busy schedule whether in real life or virtual life and help out the users who is in need of help.

If a moderator just warns a user here and flies away without posting the reason why he/she is warned, I just don't see the point.

Even in her profile, she added to add her concerning backpack.tf and yet she is ignoring you see. x_x 

Thus, this suggestion. 

Well you can give people reasons on the forum but not on suggestions.

Maybe because you posted the same long comment 2 times? And maybe because it was not really helpful.

Well I told clever to look into this thread so it shouldn't take too long from now on. :P

• Administrators

Well you can give people reasons on the forum but not on suggestions.

Maybe because you posted the same long comment 2 times? And maybe because it was not really helpful.

Well I told clever to look into this thread so it shouldn't take too long from now on. :P

Haha...No, I posted it only once and moved on from that suggestion since I know key suggestion starts a flame war and it started already.

Thank you, and I do not want offend anyone with this suggestion. 

Haha...No, I posted it only once and moved on from that suggestion since I know key suggestion starts a flame war and it started already.

Thank you, and I do not want offend anyone with this suggestion. 

http://puu.sh/4WoNf.png

There, two times.

• Administrators

As others have pointed out, suggestions are for discussing proof. If you want to share opinions, post in the forums.

Ah, okay. My mistake then. I will try to be careful next time. Curious to know why you didn't added me though or accepted my request.

Also, if you don't mind, could you close this thread or remove it?

~

Thank you and once again I apologize for that post. I will keep that in mind.

Ah, okay. My mistake then. I will try to be careful next time. Curious to know why you didn't added me though or accepted my request.

Also, if you don't mind, could you close this thread or remove it?

~

Thank you and once again I apologize for that post. I will keep that in mind.

you can close it yourself. Go to the top of the thread, click 'moderate this thread' and press lock. Which basically means nobody can comment anymore.

• Administrators

As others have pointed out, suggestions are for discussing proof. If you want to share opinions, post in the forums.

If you don't mind Cleverpun, I would like to keep you added in case I need help in the future or bump into another problem like this one D:

I will wait for you to add me. Thanks 

~

Closing the thread.

If you don't mind Cleverpun, I would like to keep you added in case I need help in the future or bump into another problem like this one D:

I will wait for you to add me. Thanks 

~

Closing the thread.

I don't add people, and I never received a friend request from you. I usually try to keep my list as clear as possible, so I don't generally leave many people added if their problem has been resolved.

Archived