Ways of Trading, and What to do about Buying Quicksells

Never Lucky  trade.tf

So, once again, if y'all dont know me, I'm Never Lucky, a recent startup tf2 trader. On sunday, i will have a total of 15 keys ready to buy quicksells, but how should I know which ones to buy, and how can i make people interested, since they are selling their unusuals for lower price? This week I bought a steaming geisha boy for 5 and turned it out for 7, but its a not big profit jump. How would you guys do it? And how can I make sure I never get scammed?

So, once again, if y'all dont know me, I'm Never Lucky, a recent startup tf2 trader. On sunday, i will have a total of 15 keys ready to buy quicksells, but how should I know which ones to buy, and how can i make people interested, since they are selling their unusuals for lower price? This week I bought a steaming geisha boy for 5 and turned it out for 7, but its a not big profit jump. 

Any profit is still profit. In fact, profiting 2 keys is pretty good. The thing is that if you want to make people interested, you need to advertise, advertise, advertise. There's someone out there that's going to be wanting to buy that however, at the 'right price'.  Just list your items on tf2outpost and Bazaar.tf. You should be able to find some buyers after a day/week.

How would you guys do it? And how can I make sure I never get scammed?

When doing a trade that might involve items such as an unusual, always be precautions of anyone, even if they have +rep / a good reputation. You always want to make sure to check the trades and whatnot to check whether you are getting from the other person. I always have email notifications on for trade confirmations, as it gives me a brief overview of what is being traded before I actually accept the trade and does help prevent people from fooling me with the quick switch scam.

The geisha could have easily pulled at least a key more than 7. Also it says on your profile you got it for free not 5 keys o.O

It's easy to not get scammed.  Just make sure you only do a direct trade with the person you're trading with through steam.  

Hey guys, thanks for replying. Um, the unusual it said I got for free was just a friend giving me an unusual some time ago(A fed fightin fedora). Um, Im kinda inexperienced with unusual trading, and I thought that setting it at 8 would have it be a bit too much, since its a kinda low tier. How do I know exactly what price point to put it down as?

So, once again, if y'all dont know me, I'm Never Lucky, a recent startup tf2 trader. 

No one knows you.

"Never lucky trade.tf

Change that, you should be ashamed of yourself. Its fine if your using the trade.tf bot, but the trade.tf is treated as cancer. 

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=displayname

https://bitbucket.org/srabouin/backpack.tf-automatic

gl, and as a general rule you profit 1/15 of what you put in.

A good rule of thumb is: Try trading servers AND tf2op. When I was new to unusual trading, I straight up just used OP and continued to make profit on regular trade servers. Unusual trade servers are your friend (and tf2OP).

Regarding buying quicksells, I can just say that you should go for unusuals that are at a nice discount, and that don't look too hard to sell(If that unusual has either been listed for more than a week with no offers, or if there's plenty of other sellers(4+ usually including you), it's going to be hard to sell.

Although buying (almost)ANY kind of unusual for half price is pretty much guaranteed profit, so if you get that kind of chance, roll with it.

Buy all the gifted and duped nuts n bolts dread knots. ez profit

This is actually good advice.

bzvkkCx.png

Archived