The 2015 Saxxy Awards Winners Have Been Revealed!

Brad Pitt

We say this every year, but we had an especially hard time this year choosing the winners of the Saxxy Awards. The Extended category in particular was overflowing with quality submissions - who knew that the Heavy could be so adorable or so creative, how dark Nick's backstory was, and how hilariously terrifying a plane full of Scouts could be!

Congratulations to all the winners of the 2015 Saxxy Awards, who will be receiving the coveted Saxxy Award, equipable in Team Fortress, and to the Overall Winner, whose team will be flown out to meet the folks that make movies and games here at Valve.

View the full article

Here are the winners of the 2015 Saxxy Awards:

Best Action: Micro-Mann (The Winglet, Harry101UK, HA Composer, Unrellius 3.0)

Best Comedy: Food Fortress (Pez 108)

Best Drama: Dota 2 - Together we Stand (NoxStudio)

Best Short: A Dang Good Cop (Will T. TVR)

Best Extended: It's Play Time (Alice, Pumodi, Mkt777, Hypo, episoder, Bassman, PalmliX, Lemon, Your Problematic Fave)

And the Best Overall goes to...

Turbulence (Dunkle, [ZS] Salade au Thon, Sir Delak, SedimentarySocks, OverPowered, MechaFourth, Musetrigger, Pumodi, Huntermif)

Were there any surprise winners? Leave your thoughts below!

Turbulence won Overall. Nice 

Honestly I feel like Play Time should have won overall. I feel like Turbulence should have maybe won Extended, gone back, polished the little issues it had, and then come back to easily win Overall. It was amazing, don't get me wrong, but the little things like the Bonk! not pouring anything, the Heavy Captain losing his beard and later his whole suit during the scene where he is hanging from the plane, and the lighting getting all wonky at the end in the battle between the Drill Soldier and Heavy. These "blips" took away from the immersement the video otherwise provided, and I hope that the creators go back and iron them out in a "Remastered" version soon, because I'd love to see it.

Otherwise, I agree with every winner (I love that the Cop short won) except maybe Drama, which just felt like a Dota ad (Look how cool it all looks, these characters sure are powerful and awesome! Come try them!). 

Dota 2 only won because valve wants to move away from only TF2 SFMs

But tbh, the TF2 Drama SFMs this year were generic and pretty boring or sloppily made 

After watching all of these for the first time, I have to say that Turbulence was my most favorite of the lot, Playtime being 2nd. I can tell that they didn't have enough time to finish it up at the end 'fighting scene', but its great that it still won overall :)

First of all, I'd like to see DoTA bugger off and get their own awards. I don't care about DoTA, and I don't want to see DoTA videos in the nominees for TF2 awards. Am I the only one? :/

I mostly agree with the winners...

Turbulence was my clear choice for best overall. Glad that won, even if it wasn't as polished as it should/could have been. And what the hell the ending 0_o

Micro-Mann seemed a clear choice in Action, as well.

Food Fortress was actually my favorite, although I wouldn't have picked it for Best Overall or anything. It was amusing, creative, and well-done. Well-deserved win in Comedy, I'd say.

The Short category was a bit...odd. (Scout is Goat? What the hell. Funny, but didn't deserve a nom. unless there were literally only 4 entries.)  Soldier's Cart March would have been my choice, except that it seemed a bit...pointless. It felt like it was just some funny voice lines one after the other, rather than an actual video. As it stood, I can't really argue with A Dang Good Cop.

I hate Drama, so I'm going to pretend that category didn't exist.

For the Extended, Play Time was a good choice (Turbulence was better, but it won Best Overall, and I guess they don't want the same video winning multiple awards)

Turbulence was a new and exciting concept so I'm glad it won overall. It's a good break away from the SFM cliches such as Sandvich, Dumb Heavy, Sniper Vs. Spy, and the Femscout, 

Archived