Facebook's "Pray for Paris" tricolour filter: BP.TF's thoughts?

TheTruth

I... don't aggressively disagree with something Tats said... what is happening...

... hmmm hang on...

... there it is.

I don't want massive immigration for my country, especially when these persons are muslims. France is a christian country.

If you think people can choose the country they want to live without respecting their rules and culture, you don't know what a country is.

Many french people don't have a proper housing (or don't have at all), guess what, we have for migrants.

We don't have enough money for social expenditure, guess what, we have for migrants.

etc etc etc

Charity begins at home !

• Administrators

That is not what we were talking about, but isn't even true on top of it. Your country treats refugees like garbage, I've been to the camps in calais, they're living in old tents and shelters made out of bin bags.

Refugees or migrants ?

By the way Calais is not the only place in France where migrants are. The ones in Calais just look forward to invading GB, it should be a temporary situation.

Calais is not representative of the situation of migrants in France.

I can assure you the persons that have a refugee statuts are far better treated than many french people : housing, pension, open access to a variety of things (health, transport, cultural leisure) that french people can no longer afford. Even communism didn't dare to treat strangers better than its own citizens.

• Administrators

No, it's not the only place in france where refugees are.There are smaller camps near paris, in tatinghem, boulogne, dieppe, le havre, and other places. It is the largest though, and why do you think that is? Why do you think people want to get to the UK instead of staying in france? Is it, perhaps, because you treat your refugees and immigrants like literal trash? You don't even know what's happening in your own country...

France is a christian country.

... that moment you need to remind a Frensh person that there was such a thing called the French Revolution ...

Freedom of religion in France is guaranteed by the constitutional rights set forth in the 1789 Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen.

Since 1905 the French government has followed the principle of laïcité, in which the State does not recognize any official religion (except for legacy statutes like that of military chaplains and the local law in Alsace-Moselle). Instead, it merely recognizes certain religious organizations, according to formal legal criteria that do not address religious doctrine. In return, religious organizations are to refrain from involvement in the State's policy-making.

France is a secular country.

Archived