Unusual Price Suggestion

stefanos13

Hello people,

i would like to ask your opinion and i would appreciate if someone from the mods , especially the one who accepted the price change would answer me , under what conditions that price suggestion passed   http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5644a42fb98d881972e94d9d . There is absolutely no proof in the links , no links of unsolds , no links of solds ,nothing but some backpack links showing no trades and one outpost link that is showing the sale of another unusual hat and yet the price went down by more than 10 keys!! Unbelievable ,people we are talking about unusual suggestions here and about a major mistake! I didnt had even the time to warn the mods since it was open and accepted in one day! I strongly suggest that the old price should be added until a new VALID suggestion with VALID proof voted during a VALID time period will come. Thanks for Your time reading this , i wait for your comments below

The suggestion is 100% valid. Those backpack links ('screenshots') are the sales. It shows what items leave a backpack and what comes in meaning you can determine what an item sold for. In this case, you can see the the Stove Pipe did sell for a Plumber's Pipe as well as an Aussie FJ.

I'm not really surprised you have one, you may want to consider lowering your price since 30 keys is, well, kinda high. Considering it's a 3rd gen robo hat AND it was over a year outdated, it needed this drop for a while.

Mate that links are tottaly invalid , they are only links of backpacks , not connected to any trade link or any proof that the item was sold for that amount. The last one show absolutely nothing since the links lead to no proof. The  pipe he sells for 30 keys (close to the price THEN when the trade was done) or overpay so even if we take that as a proof its a trade for an item worth 30 keys! And no why should i lower my price when i spend more to buy it a few weeks ago?

You gotta look at the item histories. The first link shows the Hat in the guys backpack at 8/31. Jump ahead to 9/3 and instead he has the Pipe. Check the histories of both hats and it's pretty obvious that there was a 1:1 trade between those two hats.

ayyyyy ur mad cuz u have one :^)))))))))))))))

nothing you can really do man. obviously it was legit enough to get accepted. and that says something. \

robo c9 single class hat =/= 30 keys xddd

You gotta look at the item histories. The first link shows the Hat in the guys backpack at 8/31. Jump ahead to 9/3 and instead he has the Pipe. Check the histories of both hats and it's pretty obvious that there was a 1:1 trade between those two hats.

True but the pipe as You see is sold for like 30 keys or overpay when the trade was done and we are talking about 3 months ago. That doesn't mean that the 2 hats must or should be price connected as 1:1 up to today.If the plumper fell in price after the trade was done (3 months ago) does it mean that this particular hat is worth the today plumper price? 

ayyyyy ur mad cuz u have one :^)))))))))))))))

nothing you can really do man. obviously it was legit enough to get accepted. and that says something. \

robo c9 single class hat =/= 30 keys xddd

No , no mad just really dissapointed since as you read i bought one for more and suddenly boom 12 keys.I insist though that since there are no trade links especially for the aussie trade the suggestion was invalid .A ' No outpost link ' seems logical to You? Do You imagine what will happen If anyone will start making suggestions with No outpost link ' ?

No outpost link just means that the person didn't have an outpost trade for that hat up. So, we have to look at the item histories rather than just glancing at an outpost trade where someone posts "Ill offer X for Y". People do use places other than Outpost for trades.

If you want to Bring Outpost into it though, there's 3 other trades open right now with buyouts far less than 30 keys (1 at 14, 2 at 20), 2 of which have been open for a month. There's also one that's been rotting on the SCM at $35. Clearly not a 30 key hat.

The outpost was mentioned as an example . Still there is no proof a trade was done but the suggestor's word (thats what i want you to see).And yes if we are talking about unusuals 1 month for an unsold unu is not a big time period.Only quicksells are done in less and not always.Never said its a 30 key unu but taking its price down 10 keys  with no proof its scandalous.

No , no mad just really dissapointed since as you read i bought one for more and suddenly boom 12 keys.I insist though that since there are no trade links especially for the aussie trade the suggestion was invalid .A ' No outpost link ' seems logical to You? Do You imagine what will happen If anyone will start making suggestions with No outpost link ' ?

If you bought one for more, provide proof and you can probably raise the price (provided it's not an outlier). Outpost trades aren't necessary to conduct an unusual trade. For example, I'm in a trade server and I offer you unusual A for your unusual B and you accept. A trade has occurred and may be registered through bp.tf's inventory histories. Through checking what goes in and out as well as the item histories, as Scott mentioned, you can pretty much confirm that A sold for B most of the time.

The outpost was mentioned as an example . Still there is no proof a trade was done but the suggestor's word (thats what i want you to see).And yes if we are talking about unusuals 1 month for an unsold unu is not a big time period.Only quicksells are done in less and not always.Never said its a 30 key unu but taking its price down 10 keys  with no proof its scandalous.

1 Month is more than enough time for an unusual < 25 Keys to sell. According to the unusual price suggesting guide, 1 week for an unusual of < 25 Keys is considered unsold. If an unusual remains unsold for 20 Keys for a month, it's likely not worth 20 Keys. It has proof, taking its suggested price down by 10 Keys is undeniably fair. You are free to sell for whatever you'd like, just ignore bp.tf price. You can probably sell the Stove Pipe for >13 Keys if you're patient enough.

* Asce so You re telling me that we must trust any  suggester's word. Even if you are on a trade server and you make a trade there , proof can be added by a screenshot and imgur.Is that proof? Yes . Was at least that kind of proof added to the suggestion? No. Was any kind of proof BUT some backpack screenshots that can be ANY item trade , added? No again. Was the  plumper  price around 21 keys when the hypothetical  trade took place and no 14 as falsely is written in suggestion? Yes. I really dont understand how many of You insist that all that is logical.This is how unusual price suggestions are going to be like now? No checking from the voters and even more no doublechecking from the mods?

Dammit man. I created a account just to tell you that you are wrong.

Proof for suggestion can be:

1.) Screenshots from steam trade histories

No one else beside yourself can see your own steam trade history. So suggestions with this is really rare because most good suggestors do not ask every single person to send them screenshots of their history.

2.) Backpack.tf Histories

This works a little bit different. Backpack.tf scans your steam inventory every time you use it. With that information bp.tf can create a history timeline. You can go on every single persons bp.tf account and check their histories. With this way suggestors can acquire information for suggestion. They check the histories of the backpacks and assume what has been traded. With the item id's they can doublecheck if the item was really used for the trade. 

Checking the histories, doublecheck the item id's and then format them in a good looking suggestion. This takes a lot of time. So you should not be mad.

Mods look at that suggestion AND DO THE SAME THING AGAIN. So bp.tf is very accurate when it comes to suggestion. There are rules about everything. How they calculate the prices, when an item is outdated, when a trade is not usable etc...

Read those guides and do not complain .

I do not say that every suggestion is 100% right. People make mistakes, Mods make mistakes. But i checked the suggestion and it is perfectly accurate. If you do not agree with that and think it is wrong then you are free to suggest a new price with proof. As long you consider all the rules.

Please do not spam the forum with such useless threads. People like you are here every day and complain that their hats lose value after time. But thats how the tf2 economy works. If you/other people are not able to sell the hat for more why should it be more?

All in all you should read the guides and learn how the suggestions work before you start a useless stream of hate against a community you have no idea of.

Have a nice day

Archived