This build good enough for next-gen games?

RoNsTiG

Hey,

Just want to know whether this build I have created on PCPartPicker is any good. Looking to run battlefront and the sort.

Specs:

i5-4460 @3.2GHZ quad core

r9 390 8GB

ASRock Z97 LGA1150

Evga supernova 650W

Only really worried about that motherboard, I'm not sure if it's good enough to properly optimise the gpu and cpu. Opinions?

Thanks.

It's good, but you can do better in terms of price/performance. What's your budget/location? 

P.s. go with a 4690k + Z97 board or a 4460 and an H81/87/h97/b87/b85 board, Zx7 boards are designed for overclocking, so if you're going with a locked cpu there's no reason to go for a Z board (unless it offers a feature you really want -- M.2, SLI (only some Z boards have SLI support), more sata/usb ports, etc...). 

It's good, but you can do better in terms of price/performance. What's your budget/location? 

P.s. go with a 4690k + Z97 board or a 4460 and an H81/87/h97/b87/b85 board, Zx7 boards are designed for overclocking, so if you're going with a locked cpu there's no reason to go for a Z board (unless it offers a feature you really want -- M.2, SLI (only some Z boards have SLI support), more sata/usb ports, etc...). 

Thanks, I live in the UK and my budget is around £800, which is basically that build all but £20.

I just swapped to that 4690k as you suggested which has almost met the budget, but is probably well worth it. 

Archived