Dumbest scam attempts

BigfootMcScrub

Hey! I just thought it would be fun to have this thread. Post the worst attempt somebody has ever tried scamming you with. 

Mine is that somebody offered me 5 copies of Gta5 0_o

Probably a paypal chargeback scam.  This is the riskiest and hardest scam for a scammer to pull off as he has to successfully chargeback you... But it's also the easiest to fall for.  He was offering me $600 on a few things.

Edit: I read the titles as worst scam attempts not dumbest

The dumbest was someone offering me $200 for an australium sticky bomb launcher but said I had to go first because he was overpaying so much.

Hey! I just thought it would be fun to have this thread. Post the worst attempt somebody has ever tried scamming you with. 

Mine is that somebody offered me 5 copies of Gta5 0_o

Gta is accualy worth quite a bit. Like I've seen one copy sell for 27 keys..

Gta is accualy worth quite a bit. Like I've seen one copy sell for 27 keys..

Bruh, thats the point. People dont just offer 5 copies of gta5. 

Bruh, thats the point. People dont just offer 5 copies of gta5.

Well you never did say what it was offered on, there are plenty of items where that would be a lowball.

I remember seeing a screenshot of someone trying the "sending money via trade offers" on Puddington. I'll see if I can find it later.

getting called a n*gger, twat, cunt and scammer, after not falling for his paypal chargeback, and proceeded to spam and violently insult me for wasting his time. A+buyer / seller relationship, but comcast customer service is still worse though.

Well you never did say what it was offered on, there are plenty of items where that would be a lowball.

I remember seeing a screenshot of someone trying the "sending money via trade offers" on Puddington. I'll see if I can find it later.

It was on a max head. Now you see why its a little bit fishy?

• 2 weeks later...

Sent me a bunch of links before (probably phishing), then preceded to offer me 100 keys steam fund for my Unusual Taunt Mega Strike Oblooterated. Interesting conversation after I called him out as a scammer by looking up him on Steamrep, finding alts and scam reports. He then blocked and unfriended me.

http://imgur.com/Uz1V4h3

Archived