Backpack.tf Secret Santa 2015! Santa Strikes Back!

Santa Heavy

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that I'm marked but my ban is completely appealable (sadly, not appealable at 12/1). Can I join? Ain't profit me at all but just a Christmas spirit so this shouldn't harm anyone, right?

I know that I'm marked but my ban is completely appealable (sadly, not appealable at 12/1). Can I join? Ain't profit me at all but just a Christmas spirit so this shouldn't harm anyone, right?

A SteamRep mark is a SteamRep mark; sadly I don't think you'd be able to participate without getting Santa Heavy and by extension, the giver and receiver of your gifts, warned and potentially banned for trading with a marked user. To quote polar on your trust page: "And if you post a +trust above this, you're going to get a ban for trading with a marked scammer", i.e. doesn't matter what the trade was for, it's still a reportable trade.

Also count me in please, I'd love to be a part of this.

Hello Backpack.tf users and forum dwellers alike! In 2013 I hosted the very first backpack.tf Secret Santa in order to generate a little bit of Christmas spirit and overall good will among the members of our community. The event was a rousing success and this will be the 3rd annual Secret Santa event. This year I shall host it once more! Shoutouts to Python for hosting last year's event.

Here's how everything is going to work:

• Deadline for participating is on 12/1/15.
  • Deadline for sending in gifts to the distributor (me on an alt, I will add the participants) is 12/10/15. If you feel like you need more time I'd be willing to extend the deadline a bit.
  • ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST ADD THIS ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO BE A PART OF THIS - http://steamcommunity.com/id/giftwrap

Here are the rules/guidelines for how this will work:

• If you want to participate just say so below, (MUST HAVE 30 POSTS ON THE FORUMS OR 10 SUGGESTIONS ACCEPTED ON THE MAIN SITE).
  • One user of backpack.tf will buy/obtain a gift for their assigned user that they think would best suit them.
  • I will be responsible for randomizing the pairings via a randomizer site.
  • Whether or not you tell someone who you have is not in my control, but try to keep it a secret!
  • Who you get your gift from will remain anonymous unless they want their identity to be known.
  • Don't be stingy, no crates or regular unique weapons unless the assigned user is into that sort of thing.
  • Do some research, look into your persons backpack and see what sort of stuff they'd prefer!
  • You don't have to overspend, use common sense, be tasteful.
  • Gifts will be given on Christmas Eve/Day obviously.
  • You get what you get, and you can be upset, but nobody will care lol.
  • I will judge the presents sent in to make sure they are fair.
  • If you are using an unpriced item as a present, make sure you have a reasonable estimate as to what it's worth, don't use it being unpriced as an excuse to buy a lame gift for someone.

PROTIP: Buy gift wrap if you want whoever's receiving your gift to keep it. c; Or at least make it hard to sell.

Using Gift Wrap is optional of course.

Happy Gifting!

Participants:

(Me) Santa Heavy

Angelmander (added)

Cashew (added)

Lechon Kawali

Dekun

Scrublordington The III

Chairiel

Can you gift someone that your friend 

like for instance If i Gifted my friend would he be mentioned here because he or she doesn't know about this.

so like I can give them a surprise with the gift

And what do you mean the parings that's another question I got 

like the person your gonna pair up with if so would you Tell us who we paired up with?

for the final question Can it Be a Game gift like(Batman,FO4,Castle crashers,battleblock,Undertale etc)

Is festive stranges good for this because the Christmas spirit 

I'll participate this time. (I'm not drop dead poor anymore!) I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Although i have no idea what i'd like,

Maybe something that themes the colors of my profile.

• You get what you get, and you can be upset, but nobody will care lol.

Archived