Backpack.tf Secret Santa 2015! Santa Strikes Back!

Santa Heavy

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As usual I've run into another roadblock, for some reason I am unable to trade trading cards. I was able to receive them in the trade offers, but now they are tagged as untradable.

Edit: Apparently, steam has a requirement that if your account has not bought a game, you must wait thirty days in order to trade cards you've obtained. This is to protect from fraudulence somehow.

Who gave a key worth of trading cards jesus 

Since there doesn't seem to be any way that I can trade the cards for the secret santa from the Secret Santa account, I decided to pay out of my own pocket and purchase the same cards so that I can deliver the cards myself. With that however I can say that all gifts were sent out.

To recap, I'd say this Secret Santa went ok. First one definitely went 10x better, but we were able to pull through in the end!

Some things I could've done better:

• Deliver the gifts in a more timely manner. 
  • Disable escrow on the alt.
  • Be more strict on those who handed in their gifts late.
  • Organize better.
  • Be more specific about what value most purchases should be centered around.
  • Been more swift on answering questions.
  • Been a little nicer.
  • Devote more time to the event as a whole.

That being said I hope you all enjoyed the event and I'm once again very sorry for making this such a hassle for all of you. I hope you can all give me a second chance to redeem myself next year. 

If there are any issues please message me via forums or steam.

Thanks for participating! - Santa

Since there doesn't seem to be any way that I can trade the cards for the secret santa from the Secret Santa account, I decided to pay out of my own pocket and purchase the same cards so that I can deliver the cards myself. With that however I can say that all gifts were sent out.

To recap, I'd say this Secret Santa went ok. First one definitely went 10x better, but we were able to pull through in the end!

Some things I could've done better:

• Deliver the gifts in a more timely manner. 
  • Disable escrow on the alt.
  • Be more strict on those who handed in their gifts late.
  • Organize better.
  • Be more specific about what value most purchases should be centered around.
  • Been more swift on answering questions.
  • Been a little nicer.
  • Devote more time to the event as a whole.

That being said I hope you all enjoyed the event and I'm once again very sorry for making this such a hassle for all of you. I hope you can all give me a second chance to redeem myself next year. 

If there are any issues please message me via forums or steam.

Thanks for participating! - Santa

Just wondering, did anyone NOT put in a gift?

Naughty List:

Geel (CLASSIC FUCKIN GEEL, HOSTS A SECRET SANTA EVENT ON SCRAP.TF AND TELLS EVERYONE NOT TO BE STINGY. DOESN'T SUBMIT GIFT. CLASSIC GEEL MAN.)

Idiocy Bitsy (Kept giving in a regular HWNN like dude, really?)

WhinyWeab (Informed me beforehand he could not participate)

Naughty List:

Geel (CLASSIC FUCKIN GEEL, HOSTS A SECRET SANTA EVENT ON SCRAP.TF AND TELLS EVERYONE NOT TO BE STINGY. DOESN'T SUBMIT GIFT. CLASSIC GEEL MAN.)

Die gell'd yet: no

• 2 weeks later...

Did everyone get their gifts by now? i was hoping everyone would reveal who had who, and do that without a topic that was made During the event.

Did everyone get their gifts by now? i was hoping everyone would reveal who had who, and do that without a topic that was made During the event.

make the thread then

Archived