Questions on why did i receive a warning point.

SmexyBanana@Youtube

Hi guys, i wanted to post this thread via the Rules, Guides and how tos. But unable to.

I would like to address a very funny case on my warning point. 1 week ago i closed this topic : http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/44860-buying-backpacks-for-csgotf2-keys/page-1&do=findComment&comment=473578. I decided to quit quickbuying backpacks and spend my keys on unusuals. I pressed closed topic. 

1week later, i decided to reopen my topic and buy quicksell backpacks. (I repeat i locked my topic) But received another warning point. Because i spammed for the sake of getting top place in the sub forums. 

So i decided to message the administrators regarding my weird situation. Kindly questioned puddingkip but no reply. Well done :) Hence i asked woifilicious, why did i get a warning point? He said, i exploited the spam "rule". Cmon are you serious?

1. I just happened to close my topic and you expect me not to open till like 1 year before opening the same topic quickbuying backpack? You are not joking right.

2. According to http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/31871-forum-rules/. Polar said (8) ( Don't be a dick. Look, use common sense. No one wants constant spam, slander, and an all-around toxic environment in the forums. Don't be that guy that everyone hates.)No one in the forum is complaining about my new topic.

3. The warning point i received is based on the administrators beliefs instead of people reporting then getting into the situation. 

My point is, i wish to justify my 1 warning point that i truly didnt deserve and the spam rule has to be modified.

Thanks for reading this long passage :0

Edit: Still dodging my questions wolfilicious? For the past 2days? I am still waiting.

Question:  I closed a topic that you thought you didnt want to continue. Tell me, if you wanted to create that same topic. How are you going to start that? Wait 1 year? How you expect me to edit anything? I cant unclose the topic can i? 

Because i spammed for the sake of getting top place in the sub forums. 

/thread

Bumping is a thing, could've just left the thread inactive, or noted you weren't currently buying backpacks, if you knew you were going to change your mind so quickly.

@gent , in any case, i pressed lock. So you dont expect me to wait like a year before i become announced as inactive topic? BTW GUYS, all rules everywhere are at "admins discretion".-wolfilicious   :) So we get banned at their disclosure. 

Well I had one warning point because I commented that a poster's backpack consisted of only weapons with strange parts for sale (on the OP's sale thread), and then got marked for spam. Another guy's post was deleted too.

Much discussion.

@NightCyan, maybe i should be an administrator and answer the people's problems. They just give warning point. My extreme case, they think its spam, you get warned and no matter how unfair the situation gets, they think they are right.

I am tired of asking the same questions where wolfilicious failed to answer me. ( not providing evidence unless needed)

My question: If i were to lock on my topic example, quickselling bp. A week later, i created the same topic, got warning point as spam. So Tell me, if i lock on the topic which i want to repeat, can i unlock the topic with the administrator's help to avoid this ridicuolous rule got spam. Whereby 1 week isnt enough to be considered as inactive. 

Thanks

Jeez. You're doing the same things that earned you the warning point to begin with.

If you want to ask a mod a question, you should PM them. Here is the list of mods / admins - http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders - find one listed as last active today and you'll have your best chance of getting a faster response.

Regarding the warning point, I have edited the rules to make them clearer:

"Users are currently limited to three threads each for this forum. Any excess threads will be locked. Please only make a single thread covering the same type of trade instead of constantly re-making new threads or making duplicate threads in other sub-forums. Use the "bump" feature if you need to refresh a trade. If your trade has been archived for being more than a month old, then you may make a new thread."

If it's basically the same thread, you can ask a mod to lock it when you are out of stock and re-open it when you are back in stock. There is also a bump feature to use instead of making a new thread. After a month of no activity, all trading section threads get archived. After that point, you are welcome to make a new thread.

As for the warning point, it really doesn't mean anything. It's there to politely ask you to stop spamming the same thread repeatedly which you seem to have ignored once again here. You need to accumulate 5 warning points before you get a ban.

Hi Polar, thanks for answering. As well as wolfilicious. 

Regarding the mods, i usually find them located in backpack.tf forums. But still thanks for sharing.

May i ask where is the "rules" located. So i can be able to check them rather than you just saying from it. (if the rules are not given to the public, then its unfair)

Despite you are the administrator. Just thanking once again for making the rules clearer. 

Warning points to me are important. Every point counts before getting a ban polar :P I am the victim you are the judge. If i am framed or accused wrongly i wont sit there getting hit and sentenced. Thats me thanks.

Archived