Haunted Halloween Gifts?

ic3tf2

Hi, I was a little confused on why Haunted Halloween Gifts aren't spawning for me. I haven't seen one at all this year. I'm talking about the lime green presents with orange ribbon. Anyone else having this problem, or have a solution for me? Thanks!

Hi, I was a little confused on why Haunted Halloween Gifts aren't spawning for me. I haven't seen one at all this year. I'm talking about the lime green presents with orange ribbon. Anyone else having this problem, or have a solution for me? Thanks!

They haven't been dropping at all this year. Nobody's sure why, they just aren't. Seems like the only way to get things this year is to finish the merasmissions.

The halloween gifts were replaced by gargoyles, which give you souls for your gargoyle statue and which count towards your completion of merssmissions if you grab them while you're completing one.  So instead of getting a gift drop once every 45 minutes or so, now you get a gargoyle drop about once every 15 minutes by my estimate.  All the places on the maps designated for gifts are now used for gargoyles.  They're in the exact same places.

This is how they're making it fair.  This way, farming gifts is much harder.  You only get one gift per merasmission, and the merasmissions are strictly controlled.  Even if you use multiple alts, you still have to spend time completing each merasmission, and the gifts you get are untradeable.  The only way to get more gifts is by crafting.

They haven't been dropping at all this year. Nobody's sure why, they just aren't. Seems like the only way to get things this year is to finish the merasmissions.

Oh okay thanks

The halloween gifts were replaced by gargoyles, which give you souls for your gargoyle statue and which count towards your completion of merssmissions if you grab them while you're completing one.  So instead of getting a gift drop once every 45 minutes or so, now you get a gargoyle drop about once every 15 minutes by my estimate.  All the places on the maps designated for gifts are now used for gargoyles.  They're in the exact same places.

This is how they're making it fair.  This way, farming gifts is much harder.  You only get one gift per merasmission, and the merasmissions are strictly controlled.  Even if you use multiple alts, you still have to spend time completing each merasmission, and the gifts you get are untradeable.  The only way to get more gifts is by crafting.

So you can't craft the Saxton Hale mask anymore?

So you can't craft the Saxton Hale mask anymore?

You can if you trade for the leftover paper masks from previous Halloweens, which has caused the price of them to go up.

In fact, all of them currently have a suggestion to increase their price from 0.22 ref to 1.33 ref due to this. Also I was able to sell one of the masks for 1.33 ref in less than an hour, so the current price suggestions are no joke.

Let me check...

The blueprint is still there, so you could still craft it if you had all the masks.  The merasmissions do grant you masks.  I got a haunted one from one mission.  Realistically, the odds of you getting all 9 masks this way are pretty low.

Now I think I know why random people have been adding me on steam lately.  I've just been blocking them.  lol

You can if you trade for the leftover paper masks from previous Halloweens, which has caused the price of them to go up.

In fact, all of them currently have a suggestion to increase their price from 0.22 ref to 1.33 ref due to this. Also I was able to sell one of the masks for 1.33 ref in less than an hour, so the current price suggestions are no joke.

Ah okay, thanks

Let me check...

The blueprint is still there, so you could still craft it if you had all the masks.  The merasmissions do grant you masks.  I got a haunted one from one mission.  Realistically, the odds of you getting all 9 masks this way are pretty low.

Now I think I know why random people have been adding me on steam lately.  I've just been blocking them.  lol

Yeah I got a scout and medic soul from merasmissions but they're uncraftable

Has anyone even gotten a drop of the spells that used to drop on ghost fort? Or are they just going to keep going up in price until there's none left?

The blueprint is still there, so you could still craft it if you had all the masks.  The merasmissions do grant you masks. [...] Realistically, the odds of you getting all 9 masks this way are pretty low.

The merasmissions grant uncraftable masks which cannot be used in the Saxton Hale Mask.

I got a haunted one from one mission. [...]

It wouldn't surprise me if they were actually adding you over the Haunted mask since they are rare / hard to get because there is only 145 to 180 of each of them, scroll to the bottom to see the numbers: http://stats.tf/cat/cosmetics/13

Archived