Backpack.tf Chess Tournament

λngelღмander

Please make an entry by asking to enter. If you do not ask to enter in your post, you will not be entered.

The matchups will be listed here http://challonge.com/bptfChess
Players will be added as they sign up here on the forums. It's a free entry and will be run Swiss Style! This means that after each round, you will most likely be paired up to play someone with a similar win/loss ratio as you!

Here are some commonly used credible sites that are easy to navigate and allow easy access to play free chess online with some friends 

RULES

• Games will be played on your own time when you and your partner can find a time to get together and play! The games will be best 2 of 3. The player who is listed first in the match pairing gets to choose color (black or white) in the first game. The loser of that game then gets to choose the color they play as in game 2. If needed, again, the loser of game 2 chooses color for game 3.
  • Time Frames: Once players agree on a time to play, each individual game will allow players to take up to 60 minutes for all of their moves. If a player runs out of time on their timer they automatically lose that game! I don't expect running out of time to be an issue, but the timer is set in place so that individuals don't go AFK and/or try to drag games out for an unnecssarily long time. Players may be disqualified from the tournament entirly for purposely dragging out clearly lost games or being bad mannered  throughout the tournament.
  • Alternative Time Frames: If two players live in different time zones or have differing availablity schedules and cannot find a mutual time to play they may agree to ignore or alter the time frame rules. This must be agreed upon by both players. If time is still an issue or a time issue cannot be resolved, please contact the tournament organizer http://steamcommunity.com/id/ElsaQueenOfArendelle/

Right now there will be only entries, so please do not start battling each other (unless you just want to freshen up.)

Entrants

1)Draco Blaze

2)Senpai Mario

3)Puddingkip

4)Polar

5)ForteSP

6)The Within

7)t0night

8)HarryG

9)Konata Izumi
10)Ghostling

11)Jacobmeister

12)TetragonChao

13)Cedar

14)Procave

15)Salmonroll

16)King of all kitties

17)Cobalt

18)Zapperzz

19)Captain caboose

20)Metalshiftlet

Entries are now closed.

Please get in touch with your challenge partner through steam to coordinate your match. While your partner will be chosen for you, matches are open ended, meaning that you go out and face your partner yourself, then the winner reports back.

Note: Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified from this event, and banned from any future event of its kind.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

I could do this in theory but when are you gonna do it, cause I don't wanna be holding up rounds and stuff if I'm working while everyone is doing their matches?

Format? Timed? When would you host this?

For now I'm not going to list any dates, I mentioned the format in the OP. I'll try to clarify the format.

I'm going to set a date when I've had all the entries, I'm not entirely sure how easily I will be able to organize this, so I think we'll just be having pairs face each other at their leisure, and when all pairs have done so, I will pair again. Setting a date wouldn't be the best idea for now, it'll most likely happen over multiple days.

Posted · Hidden by polar, November 4, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, November 4, 2015 - No reason given

I meant to learn how to play chess butI never did, guess now's. The time

If Forte decides to put in a time limit, I'm game :P (that's what I meant about format). If it's completely open-ended, I don't think I would have the patience to sit there waiting for the other person to make a move. Doesn't have to be a 5 min game. Can be an hour per person, but a completely open-ended game scares me D:

If Forte decides to put in a time limit, I'm game :P (that's what I meant about format). If it's completely open-ended, I don't think I would have the patience to sit there waiting for the other person to make a move. Doesn't have to be a 5 min game. Can be an hour per person, but a completely open-ended game scares me D:

A time limit as in, if one side uses too much time they are disqualified? Sounds reasonable, as long as this doesn't become speed chess. I'll put you down, and talk to forte.

• Administrators

Ah, if this is a sit-down-and-play real time kinda thing I don't wanna commit, my schedule is all over the place and I have no idea when I have time to sit down for full games and if that will even coordinate with whoever I'm playing if they could be anywhere in the world.

Ah, if this is a sit-down-and-play real time kinda thing I don't wanna commit, my schedule is all over the place and I have no idea when I have time to sit down for full games and if that will even coordinate with whoever I'm playing if they could be anywhere in the world.

It will be just one match at a time, but if you're sure you can't make it, I'll free your name from the list.

• Administrators

It will be just one match at a time, but if you're sure you can't make it, I'll free your name from the list.

I can probably make some but that doesn't work out well for a tournament, lol. I can't commit to sitting down and playing 3 matches per round, I'd just end up timing out on turns I think. :(

Mfw I think this is a Chinese Chess tournament and I get all excited but then I reread the title 

I might sign up, afraid I'm gonna get rekt though 

I meant to learn how to play chess but I never did, guess now's The time

I meant to learn how to play chess but I never did, guess now's The time

Nonetheless, I'll play for fun :P

Archived