Best Budget AIO?

Syndaz

Right now I'm deciding between a Corsair H55 and a Cooler Master Seidon because my after market air cooler just don't seem to be giving me the temps I want (high 40's to 50 with just web browsing) so I was wondering if anyone had experience with any of these and which one would they recommend? Thanks again.

Don't bother with a sub 240mm AIO (there are a few exceptions to this, the Kraken X41 is quite good actually considering it's a 140mm rad, but not worth the money). An H55/Seidon 120m are both not that much better than something much cheaper like a BeQuiet Shadow Rock / Cooler Master Hyper 212. 

Ignore your idle temps, what are your temps under load -- when you're gaming, and what cpu do you have? 

Don't bother with a sub 240mm AIO (there are a few exceptions to this, the Kraken X41 is quite good actually considering it's a 140mm rad, but not worth the money). An H55/Seidon 120m are both not that much better than something much cheaper like a BeQuiet Shadow Rock / Cooler Master Hyper 212. 

Ignore your idle temps, what are your temps under load -- when you're gaming, and what cpu do you have? 

Locked 2600. My temps under load are high 60's and 70's despite most of the time there's only about a 30% load on it while gaming.

Locked 2600. My temps under load are high 60's and 70's despite most of the time there's only about a 30% load on it while gaming.

Even into the 80s is fine, so there's no point in buying a new cooler. 

Even into the 80s is fine, so there's no point in buying a new cooler. 

I guess but I was just rather disappointed considering multiple people with stock HSFs were getting better temps with their 2600's then mine.

I guess but I was just rather disappointed considering multiple people with stock HSFs were getting better temps with their 2600's then mine.

Well, you might just have a hotter chip, a hotter room, worse airflow, or a worse mount (the latter two you can fix). But your temps are fine, so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Well, you might just have a hotter chip, a hotter room, worse airflow, or a worse mount (the latter two you can fix). But your temps are fine, so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Eh I might get one in the future but I guess I don't need one right now. I can cross out 2 of the potential issues so perhaps I need to replace the thermal paste.

Archived