Spells on unusuals and weapons

roDo

Now that the spells are gone (at least this Halloween), do you think they will give any extra value on unusuals and weapons?

Especially considering those "themed" spells. For instance, a rotten orange footprint on a burning flames.

I'm inclined to say that spells should most definitely start being calculated into the price of the item they are on, considering that they are once again no longer available. 

Backpack.tf reports the price of the spells as standalone items. I'd be inclined to say that if a hat has a spell, especially some of the higher tier spells like Headless Horseshoes or Rotten Orange, it may be best to take a portion of the item's value into the hat's total, similar to how many people base items with paint at about half of the paint's actual value, especially with Black and White paints. Often times, I see black/white painted hats priced a key higher than normal due to the paint, yet the paint is about 2 keys in value. Obviously we shouldn't take the full value, but we definitely don't disregard it. Don't see why we can't take half of the Halloween's spell's value and start adding it to the hat that it's on.

Sure, not gone, but definitely not easy to get, like they have been in the past few years.

You can't simply go to Lakeside and farm spells anymore. That means that the influx of new spells is strictly limited as compared to what they were for the past few years. 

Spells are going to continue to rise, simply because there isn't a huge wave of them being brought into the game this year, yet the demand seems to be as high as ever for them.

OP They are not gone.

That image is fake. The reddit post is titled something towards the effect of 'I want to believe'.

Give me a few minutes and I'll dig it up.

That image is fake. The reddit post is titled something towards the effect of 'I want to believe'.

Give me a few minutes and I'll dig it up.

Fake or not, the supply would still be super limited if the only way to obtain spells is by Merasmissions. 

Either way, there's no denying that spell prices are going to keep rising and sustain.

fake or not, everything "dropped" by merasmissions are untradable. dunno if we could still try to gift them, tho

Completely forgot about this. So yeah, that's definitely going to affect things too.

This is why I've been hoarding items with spells for like a year. :D

inb4 someone claims you're the kind of person killing the TF2 economy. XD

Seriously though, this was pretty big news for anyone with spells or spells on items. Adds quite a bit of value.

Archived