Most interesting item I've been offered...prices on community made items?

Toad

Haven't had this happen before, can someone educate me on the general market of community made items? How much value do they usually add?

But for this specifically, a guy offered me an unusual Front Runner, gifted, but the gifted tag is by the guy who created the Front Runner. I don't know much about community made items, let alone gifts from creators of items...what is this stuff worth? 

Haven't had this happen before, can someone educate me on the general market of community made items? How much value do they usually add?

But for this specifically, a guy offered me an unusual Front Runner, gifted, but the gifted tag is by the guy who created the Front Runner. I don't know much about community made items, let alone gifts from creators of items...what is this stuff worth? 

only worth more to the buyer. other than that, pretty much no value added at all unfortunately. people will try and pass em off as a few keys more because signed by creator but really, its only worth a few keys more to someone who REALLY REALLY wants it

only community and self-made items, which are both untradable and unwrappable

Except for those Vintage Lugermorphs, but that's a whole other story

no unusuals have community sparkle.

I really hate to be looking like a smart-ass but I believe hats with the community sparkle effect (bear necessities and tipped lid w/ sparkle, ruskeydoo owns them) qualify to be called unusuals

But you're right yeah, no unusual you can sell anywhere has sparkle

I really hate to be looking like a smart-ass but I believe hats with the community sparkle effect (bear necessities and tipped lid w/ sparkle, ruskeydoo owns them) qualify to be called unusuals

>Self-Made

Unusual is just a quality, just because an item has a particle effect doesn't mean it's unusual.

e.g. map stamp hat, waxy wayfinder, valve weapons with flying bits

Kireek is spot on. Typically, the reverse happens when an item becomes gifted: it is usually actually devalued because of its now permanent gifted status. Many players don't like having a gifted tag on their items, so they become undervalued.

Items should only be gifted and "signed" if there is no intent to later sell, because "signed" items are undervalued after they have been gifted, not the opposite.

Archived