• Jim Gilmore
    • Lindsey Graham
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Jeb Bush

Who are your favorite candidates?

Who do you think is most likely to win?

What do you identify as politically?

I personally am a Libertarian.

Apologies if I forgot any of the candidates.

forgot jeb bush

Surprising, I mean, I know that he's falling behind hard, but you'd think the name recognition would still be there.

Also, you forgot Kranich.

Anyway, I see Rubio as pretty much the only viable candidate right now. He's got some degree of experience with domestic social/politic and economic issues with his time as governor as Florida, he's Latin American which could appeal to the Hispanic base, a large demographic all other candidates are completely missing. He's calm and collected when speaking, and his rhetoric appears relatively liberal when it comes to economic issues and how to solve them, especially with his plan of a boost to the EITC and a large child tax credit, though he retains the moderate conservatives with his social stances. Plus he recently got the funding of Paul SInger, which means he can basically do whatever he wants now. (No I'm not some campaign ad for him, I just happened to have a question on him in my extemp tournament yesterday)

Plus all the other candidates are pretty bad. Trump's a joke, Carson has devolved majorly thanks to his racist comments and absurd financial plan, Cruz is just hoping Carson drops so he can be the super conservative on social issues again, Christie has a bully image still that's proving hard to shake and he hasn't really made an impact on any debates, Fiorina had one good debate and has fallen back since then, Graham and Gilmore have no name recognition, Huckabee's policy plans are too extreme, and Kranich's uber-religious views will kill him. Jeb Bush actually would make a decent primary candidate, but unfortunately his name looks like its going to kill him. A shame really, he's seemed pretty calm and actually drew up relatively reasonable plans.

I think it's pretty obvious

Jeb Bush is an unlikeable excuse for a candidate who's now running after his brother was one of the worst presidents in American history?!?!

Why would we want another president from the same family if the population hated George Bush to begin with?!?!

I personally like Cruz, Trump, and Carson.

Rubio is okay.

Bush is not acceptable for me, and I think a lot of people would agree.

I'm not American and I don't really care that much who gets the spot but as long as it's not Jeb or Hillary I'll be pleased. Also would be pretty hilarious if Trump gets in.

The Republican Party has always been pretty dysfunctional, but it's really starting to show this year with the 2 top polling candidates (Carson and Trump) not actually having political experience, along with their unresponsiveness to party leaders. With the entire party's general diversity in ideology, I wouldn't be surprised if the Republican Party had a re-alignment within a few years.

Bush is actually pretty moderate, and who most people would agree with, but his name is going to prevent him from the nomination.

The 2016 republican party is just a rehashed 2012 race.

Ben Carson replaces Herman Cain as the guy with no political experience who has absurd uninformed ideas on how to run the country.

Rand Paul replaced Ron Paul as the R-Paul.

Donald Trump replaced Donald Trump as the Donald Trump (I didn't even know until just 5 minutes ago, but apparently Trump tried to run in 2012)

The best-case scenario is probably Trump winning the nomination. I certainly don't want him as president, but if he nabs the Republican nomination, the Republican party will implode on themselves and hopefully they'll reform into a functional, more moderate party.

Trump is probably my top pick right now followed by Christie. Christie can be a dumbass sometimes but he did alright in Jersey I guess so it would be interesting to see how he does as president. As for Trump he knows how an economy works and he knows where the holes in our economy are, so I'd be ok with him taking a shot at fixing that. All the democrats are a joke, so I doubt I'll be voting for one of them. I wish Joe Biden would of ran, but whatever. 

Trump is probably my top pick right now followed by Christie. Christie can be a dumbass sometimes but he did alright in Jersey I guess so it would be interesting to see how he does as president. As for Trump he knows how an economy works and he knows where the holes in our economy are, so I'd be ok with him taking a shot at fixing that. All the democrats are a joke, so I doubt I'll be voting for one of them. I wish Joe Biden would of ran, but whatever. 

The issue with this mentality though is that we shouldn't pick candidates based off of how "interesting" he may be. Picking a candidate should be based off of what said candidate has said, acted like, etc. However, a personality should not always play a deciding role, as someone not as "interesting" may be much more suited to the job.

As for Trump, the assumption that someone can manage a business, therefore understands the complexities of a global economy is far from the truth. Not to mention Trump has a history of lacking an understanding of even a domestic economy evidenced by his multiple bankruptcies.

And while I identify as a Republican, dismissing Hillary Clinton as a joke is rather ignorant. She may not be someone you like, but she is a extremely capable woman with a enormous history in politics. Sanders on the other hand does have a laughable economic strategy, so I guess there's truth to that.

The best-case scenario is probably Trump winning the nomination. I certainly don't want him as president, but if he nabs the Republican nomination, the Republican party will implode on themselves and hopefully they'll reform into a functional, more moderate party.

Except that then Trump would be running the country for 4 years. *shivers*

The issue with this mentality though is that we shouldn't pick candidates based off of how "interesting" he may be. Picking a candidate should be based off of what said candidate has said, acted like, etc. However, a personality should not always play a deciding role, as someone not as "interesting" may be much more suited to the job.

As for Trump, the assumption that someone can manage a business, therefore understands the complexities of a global economy is far from the truth. Not to mention Trump has a history of lacking an understanding of even a domestic economy evidenced by his multiple bankruptcies.

And while I identify as a Republican, dismissing Hillary Clinton as a joke is rather ignorant. She may not be someone you like, but she is a extremely capable woman with a enormous history in politics. Sanders on the other hand does have a laughable economic strategy, so I guess there's truth to that.

I read up on the views and everything, personally I have very specific things I want changed in America. I'm going to keep that aside for now because gun debates, immigration, and whatever else is for another topic. I look at the candidates based on those and found the ones I like the most. I know politics isn't a popularity contest and I'm not voting based on who I think is interesting. I live in Jersey so I've been with Christie for the past couple years, which is why I would like to see how he would do if he does get elected. I only refuse to look at Hillary as a real candidate because of the email scandal and her opinions on what punishment "whistle blowers" should have, but again, that's a different discussion. 

As for Trump, he is very educated on how the economy works. Just because he went bankrupt a couple of times doesn't mean the guy is stupid.

Let's remember that 50 Cent also went bankrupt... https://instagram.com/p/80Hm94sL2w/................ https://instagram.com/p/8zy-nCsLyL/

I think Trump would be great, he knows where the loopholes are in the economy and taxes so he should be able to fix them as long as he's not greedy about it and is willing to make the changes at his own expense. Sanders wanting to tax businesses more is a bone-headed idea. We already have $200 Billion some odd dollars being kept out of the country because we tax too much. That's $200 Billion dollars that could be pumped back into our own economy. 

My favorite republican candidate is Donald Thrump ... seeing as I'm not a republican, not an american, have a bag of chips, and llike the comedians making fun of him. :D

Archived