Bots that buy only up to X amount

certee

It is very annoying to see the influx of bots that only buy a particular item up to a certain amount. Some bots dont even list that they have buy limits http://imgur.com/MK3ujCn but then when you trade with them,

Sorry, I don't buy this anymore!

Bots should be held responsible for maintaining their classifieds if they do not buy anymore. It hurts people trying to sell their items (it just wastes their time) and it hurts other people who are actually buying who have the pure.

These bots are seemingly NOT breaking any rules at this time, but it does sound similar to rule 4 (You must have the pure on hand for people to send trade offers. If you do not have pure, please remove your listing and recreate it at a later time.)

If you arnt currently buying an item at the specified price, could there be a rule to enforce closing their buy orders?

I'm sure if you reported it and said the bot had no pure or was no longer buying then it could be taken down if you have the proof. However this might be a problem with bots that get restocked a lot and have items moving from bots to bots. It could just be that it doesn't have the pure right now but may have it in an hour or so and would be a hassle for the bot owner to close/reopen classifieds. 

Overall I see no reason why bots would be an exception to the rule if they are not currently buying the item, if it bothers you just report the listing and it should get taken down, if it isn't reported don't expect it to come down without the bot owner taking it down.

I did report the bot in question. As a bot owner myself, I keep up with my own trades. These traders set up large buylists and then do not maintain the lists and end up spamming the website. It would be nice if there was an API to handle classified buy/sell listings, but currently it has to be done by hand or by making your own scripts or methods (which most outpost doesnt like so I assume this website wouldn't tolerate either)

I did report the bot in question. As a bot owner myself, I keep up with my own trades. These traders set up large buylists and then do not maintain the lists and end up spamming the website. It would be nice if there was an API to handle classified buy/sell listings, but currently it has to be done by hand or by making your own scripts or methods (which most outpost doesnt like so I assume this website wouldn't tolerate either)

Nah, making scripts for this website is fine, just as long as it's not an autolister (i think) or something that exploits the website features ie free premium

Nothing about it in the community rules.

Third-party bots are fine, if and only if:

Trades can be performed entirely by sending a trade offer or by adding the bot account directly from backpack.tf.

If you are using a placeholder item to appear in the classifieds while stock of the same type is sold, that item should be removed as soon as you run out of stock for that item.

Archived