I've ran out of trade ideas.

Bakgrund

Hey,

I have now bought every hat i want (except unusuals), invested all my keys in strange holiday punches which i believe will rise, sold everything i want to get rid of... What comes next? Should i buy a 20€ steam card and buy a few keys and get into unusual trading, or what? And isn't it hard to make profit of unusual trading? I feel that there's nothing more to do.

I appreciate your ideas, thanks.

Hey,

I have now bought every hat i want (except unusuals), invested all my keys in strange holiday punches which i believe will rise, sold everything i want to get rid of... What comes next? Should i buy a 20€ steam card and buy a few keys and get into unusual trading, or what? And isn't it hard to make profit of unusual trading? I feel that there's nothing more to do.

I appreciate your ideas, thanks.

Get paypal and buy keys from SOP for $1.80~ instead. Then buy unusuals. Making profit off of unusuals isn't hard at all. 

Get paypal and buy keys from SOP for $1.80~ instead. Then buy unusuals. Making profit off of unusuals isn't hard at all. 

I feel safer with buying keys directly on Steam, and i am not 18 yet, so no paypal for me unfortunately. Want to share your business secret? ;)

I feel safer with buying keys directly on Steam, and i am not 18 yet, so no paypal for me unfortunately. Want to share your business secret? ;)

There are plenty of people who use paypal who are under 18, just lie about your age. And buying keys from SOP is perfectly safe, just use a MM or find someone with a lot of rep. 

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/395-how-to-guide-to-paypal-trading/

My secret: buy low, sell high

>"secret"

>autpost motto 

hehe

but seriously, theres a difference between buying at 75% off and 30-50% off. And much more than 30% off isn't realistic unless trading with you has some other extra value (i.e. security). 

hehe

but seriously, theres a difference between buying at 75% off and 30-50% off. And much more than 30% off isn't realistic unless trading with you has some other extra value (i.e. security). 

Kinda like people who buy keys from the shop & people who buy keys of of paypal

Shop: 

• safe
  • more expencive

Paypal:

• Cheaper
  • less-safe

its what you value more; price or security. 

buy my keys (shameless plug)

Kinda like people who buy keys from the shop & people who buy keys of of paypal

Shop: 

• safe
  • more expencive

Paypal:

• Cheaper
  • less-safe

its what you value more; price or security. 

Buying with paypal is quite safe if you use a mm and/or avoid sketchy people. 

Buy a bud PayPal. Start from there and work up.

That's what i thought, is there any sellers who accept google wallet or is it paypal all the way?

What's up with neons and baby face.

It was just a fun project buying them, and also, bad stranges usually rise a bit when the crate has stopped dropping (just look at the half zatoichi). In a year, they'll probably be more than a scrap each. I have over 1000 bp slots so that doesn't matter really.

Thanks for all your replies :)

I now see that marketplace.tf has lower prices than tf2shop.net, and trusted sellers aaand supports google wallet which i like more than paypal. Is $34 a fair price per earbud?

I now see that marketplace.tf has lower prices than tf2shop.net, and trusted sellers aaand supports google wallet which i like more than paypal. Is $34 a fair price per earbud?

Yes if you want to pay with Google Wallet.

Yes if you want to pay with Google Wallet.

Okey, i'll probably buy a bud or two and go get my first unusual. Could anyone give me some tips for getting my first unusual and selling it/the most common mistakes?

Okey, i'll probably buy a bud or two and go get my first unusual. Could anyone give me some tips for getting my first unusual and selling it/the most common mistakes?

>Be patient.

>New effects (robo/2013) will continue to lose value.

>2nd generation effects (Stormy/blizz/smoking/steaming/Orbiting Fire/Planets/Bubbling/Nuts n Bolts) are a pain to sell (bubbles/planets/nb being the easiest sells as they're crap, but also cheap).

AwesomeMcCoolName has a point. Only trade for old effects if you are new at unusuals trading. New effects will lose value and they are hard to sell.

>Be patient.

>New effects (robo/2013) will continue to lose value.

>2nd generation effects (Stormy/blizz/smoking/steaming/Orbiting Fire/Planets/Bubbling/Nuts n Bolts) are a pain to sell (bubbles/planets/nb being the easiest sells as they're crap, but also cheap).

So old effects like nuts and bolts won't be dropping anymore? Would an all-class nuts and bolts be a good first hat?

So old effects like nuts and bolts won't be dropping anymore? Would an all-class nuts and bolts be a good first hat?

Well, NB isn't considered an old effect, its considered a 2nd Gen effect. And for the most part, they've stabilizied, although they are still losing value over time as more get unboxed,

Well, NB isn't considered an old effect, its considered a 2nd Gen effect. And for the most part, they've stabilizied, although they are still losing value over time as more get unboxed,

Okey, thanks. So old effects cannot be unboxed anymore? 

Also, I'd recommend you sell those holiday punches now before the second Christmas Speculator bubble pops.

Hm, since you have a lot of accepted suggestions and good accurate i'll guess i'll sell them of, it will be a pain in the ass tho.

Okey, thanks. So old effects cannot be unboxed anymore? 

Hm, since you have a lot of accepted suggestions and good accurate i'll guess i'll sell them of, it will be a pain in the ass tho.

they still can be unboxed. And almost everybody on these forums has 100+ suggestions accepted, but yeah selling them now seems smart

Thanks for your help everyone, i'll buy a bud or two and get into unusual trading, will take some time to learn the best tricks. Is there any good guides/videos out there explaining unusual trading more in-depth? Not the videos about "ya you wanna go to trade server and advertise your highballs and ya glhf".

Thanks for your help everyone, i'll buy a bud or two and get into unusual trading, will take some time to learn the best tricks. Is there any good guides/videos out there explaining unusual trading more in-depth? Not the videos about "ya you wanna go to trade server and advertise your highballs and ya glhf".

There really are no tricks.

Buy low, put it up on Outpost, wait for a good offer. 

Archived