Marijuana

Mountain Ritos

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What should senteces for marijuana possesion be like?

• Community service
    • Drug rehabilitation
    • Prison

legalize it and tax the shit out of it, only arrest those who distribute it illegally. If people want to waste their money on a non-existent high, they should have the right to be idiots as long as it only takes money out of their wallet, it's certainly less harmful to others than alcohol.

The reason why marijuana is restricted in most places is because it makes you uncontrollable meaning you will be doing some crazy things that you wouldn't do normally, also they abuse the effects of marijuana making them an addict.

You do realise that that isnt what marijuana does right? You're getting mixed up with actual drugs like cocaine and meth...

If anything marijuana is better than alcohol, alcohol removes that "limiter" in your brain and you do stupid shit, marijuana induces a "dreamy high" which makes you feel nice and everything but you wont actually want to move. I would much prefer someone who is high in the corner laughing at random stuff than an idiot who is drunk running around doing stupid shit.

You cant become physically addicted to weed. Legalize it and then tax it.

Going from past experiences from both myself and others around me you really can, especially if you're mixing with tobacco (not sure if that's a major thing outside of melbourne tbh)

You clearly have no idea what marijuana actually is or does.

Again all I have is anecdotal experience but I've personally seen friends of mine who aren't usually aggressive get crazy aggressive while faded

Again all I have is anecdotal experience but I've personally seen friends of mine who aren't usually aggressive get crazy aggressive while faded

It's possible the decreased inhibitions were playing up something that was already in your friends?

But weed doesn't make people aggressive. That's been proven like a billion times.

It's possible the decreased inhibitions were playing up something that was already in your friends?

But weed doesn't make people aggressive. That's been proven like a billion times.

"Weed can't make people aggressive; it can only act as a catalyst for aggression"

what

Going from past experiences from both myself and others around me you really can, especially if you're mixing with tobacco (not sure if that's a major thing outside of melbourne tbh)

Tobacco is the addictive part. You can't get physically addicted to weed. You're just getting addicted to the tobacco.

"Weed can't make people aggressive; it can only act as a catalyst for aggression"

what

Weed doesn't make people aggressive. But if you are aggressive, weed can make you more aggressive. Although I've never seen such a thing.

Tobacco is the addictive part. You can't get physically addicted to weed. You're just getting addicted to the tobacco.

Weed doesn't make people aggressive. But if you are aggressive, weed can make you more aggressive. Although I've never seen such a thing.

You really don't make much sense

1. You can get physically addicted psychologically to anything, why do you think a psychoactive drug is exempt from this is beyond me

2. That's assuming aggression is some sort of binary state where either you are aggressive or you aren't, which it really isn't. Everyone is aggressive to a degree, some people more than others. I never said it makes everyone aggressive, I just said that it  --> may<-- make people more aggressive than normal.

1. You can get physically addicted to anything, why do you think a psychoactive drug is exempt from this is beyond me

Absolutely wrong.

You can't get physicaly addicted to anything. You can get mentally addicted to anything. There are no substances in weed that are addicting unlike tobacco, where nicotine is the wrongdoer.

Absolutely wrong.

You can't get physicaly addicted to anything. You can get mentally addicted to anything. There are no substances in weed that are addicting unlike tobacco, where nicotine is the wrongdoer.

completely missread what you first said tbh nvm

It's undeniable that marijuana has a higher 'ability' to create addiction comparative to other non-drug related recreational activities, however

I stand corrected, marijuana is not actually addicting as I originally said.

But there are people who abuse the substance to get that "high feeling".

I would want it to be only accessible for those who need such substance for their prescribed medication.

legalize it and tax the shit out of it, only arrest those who distribute it illegally. If people want to waste their money on a non-existent high, they should have the right to be idiots as long as it only takes money out of their wallet, it's certainly less harmful to others than alcohol.

What do you even mean by "non-existent high"

I stand corrected, marijuana is not actually addicting as I originally said.

I would want it to be only accessible for those who need such substance for their prescribed medication.

Why the fuck do you care, and why is it your god-given right to control, what people do in their own homes? What's wrong with people getting high? 

That's like banning luxury foods because you can live without it.

It is only my opinion.

Some people are just too self-entitled that they are very desperate to counter others and force that they're wrong.

• Administrators

Some people are just too self-entitled that they are very desperate to counter others and force that they're wrong.

Are you describing yourself? Because people who wanna smoke pot aren't making you do anything or telling you you're wrong in your choice not to. :P

It's illegal more for the fact that it's noted as a gateway drug. You get high with weed and you begin to feel a lesser effect, so you get stronger weed

Soon weed does nothing to get you high and you move on to the harder, more addictive drugs like shrooms and molly, and eventually coke, meth, etc.

This is what we were taught by D.A.R.E. and other organizations

Really what it does is relaxes you, like a cigarette without the other thousands of chemicals. Practically like a diet cigarette. Obviously there are several other differences as well

If this is legalized nationwide, I would predict in a few decades that most cigarette addictions would be slim as most would move onto the more cost-effective and healthier pot

Legalization would also give several jobs to weed growers. And hell, soon it might be another crop you could grow naturally in your back yard yourself.

However, as it is at the moment, I think community service would be a just punishment. Along with stripping the marijuana away too.

Stealing from a store is more worthy of a punishment than sitting at home smoking a joint

• Administrators

Python have you ever taken any of those drugs? Because they don't really feel remotely similar to each other. If you smoke so much weed that it doesn't give much of an effect anymore, taking mdma isn't gonna replace that, it feels completely different. I knew a ton of teenage potheads when I was younger and roughly 80% of them grew out of it and went on to be regular adults, 15% are still potheads, and the remaining 5% tried other drugs (and within that 5%, most of them also grew out of it and went on to become regular adults, lol.)

Cigarettes vs weed isn't a logical comparison either, and the idea that cigarette smokers would be smoking weed if it was legal is an odd one. A nicotine addiction is nothing like getting stoned.

My general opinion on the subject is that it should be legal and taxable but failing that at least decriminalised. Penalise dealers but not users. That is essentially the situation in the UK.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/how-does-marijuana-use-affect-your-brain-bodythe side effects are maybe the reason why government is avoiding to legalise it

The government is avoiding legalizing it because prisons have become a for-profit industry in America - one of many reasons why we incarcerate so any damn people, especially those who commit non-violent crimes. It's a disgrace. If the government was smart, they'd legalize it and tax it so they could rake in tons of money while avoiding imprisoning such a large number of people. Imprisoning people (at least for non-violent crimes) does nothing other than further stress the economy and ruin the lives of people who smoked a joint once. Unfortunately our government is now essentially run by lobbyists who throw money at willfully ignorant politicians looking to win re-elections, so the issue is never solved. Same thing happens with global warming, etc. 

Treat it like produce.

Sell at a market or store, let people make money off it, offer different versions for different prices, and let the cash flow in off of what is already a huge underground business in this country.

Plain and simple.

Archived