Marijuana

Mountain Ritos

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What should senteces for marijuana possesion be like?

• Community service
    • Drug rehabilitation
    • Prison

kush

weed

mary jane

stuff

product

Should it be legal? Why, or why not?

Should it be decriminalized?

How should offenders be handled?

Stiff prison times, re education, or community service?

I think it should be legal

If not legal I do not think there should be prison for it.

Russell Brand made a pretty good documentary about it in 2012. The fact that cannabis has never been classed as a Class A drug, means that it somewhat has less of an effect, however,  I'm quite sure that one may say that it is a gateway drug, whilst others may say otherwise - which I'm tending to lean towards.

Having lived in colorado when it was legalized, it really doesnt make much a difference in businesses or anywhere else. sure there was a dispensary right down the street from my school but didn't change anything. 

tons of people smoke it anyways, might as well legalize then tax it :u

many of the cops where I live don't even go after you for recreational use (they care more 'bout underage drinking)

Drug addiction - the only illness that governments try to punish sufferers rather than help them. Of course you shouldn't go to jail for having an addiction. No drug should be illegal to possess, it should only be illegal to distribute it.

If something is illegal- doing it doesn't make you smarter than the government it makes you a damn fool for risking going to jail after spending a bunch of money just to smoke a plant that does nothing but make you spend more money and be lazy.

Why should anyone care if you smoke weed or not?  It does not affect them so make it legal and call it a day.

Same thing with gay marriage and abortion.  No one should give a damn if you want to do it or not, it doesn't affect the people around them (maybe abortion a little but its ultimately up to the woman in my opinion, they can work it out if the man wants to keep it for some reason).

The reason why marijuana is restricted in most places is because it makes you uncontrollable meaning you will be doing some crazy things that you wouldn't do normally, also they abuse the effects of marijuana making them an addict.

I would want it to be only accessible for those who actually need it like medication and not for those who just want to get high.

But it's ok for people to get drunk, which in my opinion makes people more uncontrollable than marijuana.

I've been around it for a long time and it's very rare for me to see anyone do something that crazy compared to a drunk person.

Most people want to eat something or play a game or go for a hike. If you mean by crazy you mean laughing at stupid things or watching terrible movies but thinking they're awesome, sure.

All those high people doing 25 in a 50 trying not to get killed by that drunk driver.

All those people addicted to weed robbing liquor stores to get their next fix.  ^_^

It should be legalized and taxed as mentioned previously.

I don't only pertain to marijuana itself but also the wide variety of substances that can affect an individual's mentality upon intake that should be also prohibited to people who are not responsible enough for it.

youre asking nerds who have never tried it, thats why theyre getting mad. there are benefits of making it legal or decriminalizing it, I would be indifferent to it

Prisons shouldn't be a for-profit system, and the drug war is a huge reason why they are. Legalize it all. If people can drink alcohol and smoke tobacco, they should be able to do other drugs. It's not the government's job to regulate what people put into their own bodies. 

We actually talked about in this in a class recently. There were some people in there who regularly smoke so we got to see a perspective from someone who actually uses the stuff. They actually said it's not really addictive, like you could go without it for some time and not experience withdrawl unlike cigarettes. Apparently it's also easy to function normally, especially if you're used to it. Honestly sounds many time more mellow than alcohol and tobacco if you ask me. I mean, has anyone ever actually heard of a violent event on the news caused by marijuana?

Treat it like alcohol, with age requirement being 18

Driving under the influence of it will result in a DUI, same as alcohol
Distributing to minors will result in a punishment (idk what it is), same as alcohol

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if weed was less addictive/damaging than alcohol, so the only real negative side I can see to legalizing it is (????)

Also, if they legalize it, they can tax it, so the government makes money.

The reason why marijuana is restricted in most places is because it makes you uncontrollable meaning you will be doing some crazy things that you wouldn't do normally, also they abuse the effects of marijuana making them an addict.

I would want it to be only accessible for those who actually need it like medication and not for those who just want to get high.

Tobacco is more addictive than marijuana and I've never heard of anyone being "uncontrollable" while taking it. It can be known to trigger schizophrenia in a small amount of people but makes most people pretty relaxed. Sounds like you are thinking of more serious drugs. 

Russell Brand made a pretty good documentary about it in 2012. The fact that cannabis has never been classed as a Class A drug, means that it somewhat has less of an effect, however,  I'm quite sure that one may say that it is a gateway drug, whilst others may say otherwise - which I'm tending to lean towards.

> Russell Brand

Seriously, he's worse than the Daily Mail.

Why should anyone care if you smoke weed or not?  It does not affect them so make it legal and call it a day.

Same thing with gay marriage and abortion.  No one should give a damn if you want to do it or not, it doesn't affect the people around them (maybe abortion a little but its ultimately up to the woman in my opinion, they can work it out if the man wants to keep it for some reason).

Any side effects of smoking weed affect those that care about you. Secondhand smoke is also a huge problem with tobacco currently.

Yes, the half legal system we have now is bullshit. Legalise it fully please. Currently owning <5 grams is completely fine, as is buying, selling and smoking such proportions. We have government licensed stores that sell it. But those stores are also not allowed to own over 5 grams which is of course ridiculous and not enforced.

The stuff is not that harmful and is fun

And what about alcoholic beverages?

I say legalize it. Beer, gin, whiskey, ... is legal, so why shouldn't weed be legal?

Well here in middle europe drugs and stuff isn't that common of a thing, most of my classmates just smoke cigarettes which is kinda retarded

Don't really know much about america but I'd say it shouldn't be legal, it's a damn drug after all

Allow it, 18 and up (people will still do it under that age, make that illegal and people get in trouble for that)

as well as tax it, I my self would never do it though I've been offered a few times, most of my friends would pretty much kill me if I did do that stuff

I know my mother does weed, I've seen her do it but she doesn't know I know that

Allow it, 18 and up (people will still do it under that age, make that illegal and people get in trouble for that)

as well as tax it, I my self would never do it though I've been offered a few times, most of my friends would pretty much kill me if I did do that stuff

I know my mother does weed, I've seen her do it but she doesn't know I know that

akward moment when the NSA sees this, and about an hour later your door is kicked down

• Administrators

You clearly have no idea what marijuana actually is or does.

I don't understand how cigarettes are legal given that it's addictive and produces 2nd hand smoke that harms others who don't even smoke yet there are so many bans on drugs...

I don't understand how cigarettes are legal given that it's addictive and produces 2nd hand smoke that harms others who don't even smoke yet there are so many bans on drugs...

Because government thinks they are good at controlling a country.

Archived